Saturday, June 14, 2008

SFYTT and OCC

Is it just me or do those intials sound more like some kind of international trade treaty and a psychiatric diagnosis than stamping lingo? Rest assured, you're at the right blog, and this fine Saturday, it's all about a pair of sketch challenges.

First up is my weekly sample for Jen's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT) challenge:



This week's sketch was a bit of a toughie for me, and consequently, I believe I bent the sketch to suit (but just a wee bit). So for sure you'll want to go to i{heart}2stamp to see the sketch and two proper samples from Jen and guest designer Dawn Easton. And you won't want to miss Carole's, Shannan's, and Susan's samples either. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword SFYTT. We'd love for you to play along!

I thought the sketch would be perfect for my new Lily - My Little Friend image by Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie, which I acquired thanks to some serious enabling by Shannan, Julee, Jessie, and Jen (thanks girls!). Seriously, the Stampavie images are just SO cute!!! All of my coloring is done with an aqua painter and reinkers. I added some sparkle to some areas with a Sakura Stardust pen.

Second, today is the official start of the new Our Creative Corner challenge blog. Yay!!! The amazing Cindy Haffner is hosting this month, and she's kicking things off with a sketch challenge. Be sure to head over there this morning to see the sketch and samples from all the OCC designers. You're gonna LOVE what you see! We all hope you'll play along with us (all the how-to is on the OCC blog)!! This is my take:



For this one, I used Wendy Papillon by Stamping Bella and colored her with a mixture of Copics and reinkers. The sparkly wings are done with Frosted Lace Stickles. For both cards, I used sentiments from Verve's Thoughtful Florals set. When your card is "full" already, these sentiments are the perfect size to tuck behind your image kind of like file folder tabs. I LOVE them!!



Stampavie SFYTT:
Stamps: Lily - My Little Friend (Stampavie); Thoughtful Florals (Verve Visual)
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black (SU!); watercolor paper; dp (Pink Paislee); pink textured card stock (source unknown)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Close to Cocoa, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, Going Gray, Blush Blossom reinkers (SU!)
Accessories: paper flowers (Prima); pink rik-rak (Fancy Pants); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Stardust glitter pen (Sakura); aqua painter, paper piercer, and Green Galore buttons (SU!); sewing machine


Bella OCC:
Stamps: Wendy Papillon (Stamping Bella); Thoughtful Florals (Verve Visual)
Paper: Real Red (SU!); Stamper's Select White (Papertrey); dp (Bohemia/My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Soft Sky reinker
Accessories: Copic markers; paper flowers (Prima); Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger); red brad (Close to My Heart); aqua painter, paper piercer, wide red grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, key tag punch, dimensionals (SU!)

16 comments:

Mimi Hornberger said...

Oh my goodness. Those are darling. TFS. XO, Mimi

Dawn Easton said...

Yah Amy! Both of these cards are beautiful! LOVE those images and the colours you used...WOW!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both just awesome Amy! Your coloring is just fantastic and the glittered wings ~ perfect!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

amy, both of these are so stinkin' CUTE!! i am in love with those stamp a vie little girls and you may have just pushed me over the edge!! have a fun day, girlie!

Cindy Haffner said...

Both are darling Amy, love your coloring.

Denise Marzec said...

What an adorable image, fun colors, and I love that the angel's wing is cut "out of the box." Awesome card, Amy!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Amy, these are both so beautiful!!! I think you have just pushed me over the edge on these stamps...I have got to get me some!!!

I love all of your details...and your cards are *always* so well put together...something I really admire! :-)

Alyssa S said...

Such sweet images and beautiful cards to boot! :o)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy both cards are FABULOUS! You have a wonderful eye for color and I agree with Laurie, your cards are put together very well!

Thanks so much for being a part of the OCC and most of all being my friend!

Have a wonderful day, Jennifer :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

adorably CUTE projects, amy !!!!!
love the coloring !!!!!
and the primas for accent
tfs:)
chat

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Pickler! I laughed as I read your post, because when I first saw your title, I thought "Oh. I didn't know Amy had OCC..." (I was thinking of OCD!) Hee hee! Not that there's anything funny about OCD -- definitely one thing a slacker like me knows nothing about, however... I'll check out the Challenge blog later -- I'm sure you ladies'll teach me someting new!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy both of your cards are Fantastic! love the dp and colors in both!

Angel said...

What cute stuff! Have a delightful weekend!

Marilyn said...

Absolutely love both these cards and the sketch!! They are so much fun!! So excited about this new challenge blog - I hope to be able to play tomorrow!

Erum Tasneem said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! could anything be more GORGEOUS than these two most amazingly amazing cards! what did i just say? oh ur cards have made me go all goo goo and gaa gaa! :)

Carolina said...

Both cards are just adorable...though I'm partial to the Wendy Papillon card, you picked the perfect embellishments and colors to show off Wendy!