Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Mad Cutter

That's me ... madly cutting cardstock for a card buffet I'm having Friday. And not-so-patiently awaiting another shipment of additional materials I need. But that's not why I post this evening.

As I'm preparing all these materials for others to make their cards, I'm thinking if I can plan other people's cards in October and November, just maybe I could (and should) start on my own cards sometime before, say, December 22 (which I did three years ago! Crazy.)

Last year, I was good. I started WAY early. Even still, I could only complete about 40 of this design ...



All that watercoloring and hand-trimming? So fun, but ridiculously time-consuming to mass produce. I honestly love to pour my heart and soul into my Christmas cards and usually don't mind the mass production part at all, but last year I really thought I'd break out in hives if I ever touched watercolor paper again!

I tell you, though ... the pressure is on. Can I top this this year?

Supplies:
Stamps: Merry Elves (retired), Cute Converse (retired), Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Snow Flurries
Paper: Cranberry Crisp (retired), True Thyme (retired), Bashful Blue, 140lb cold press watercolor paper, Holiday Thyme designer paper (retired)
Inks: Cranberry Crisp, VersaMark, Jet Black Staz-On, Old Olive, True Thyme, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Summer Sun, Blush Blossom
Accessories: Cranberry and Thyme stitched ribbon, iridescent ice embossing powder, ticket corner punch, hobby blade, silver brads, aqua painter, crystal effects

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while blog surfing and had to comment - your cards are just gorgeous!! And that cake too!! :).
I must get my Christmas cards started!!

Tracy said...

i know what you mean about christmas cards and starting early. the one year i did get mine done by Thanksgiving - wow what a feeling! The last few years its been not a lot of fun doing it at the last minute - takes the joy out of the whole thing. That card from last year is adorable. what a cute set and you did such a beautiful job on the wc'ing. So what card are you making this year? (one of the buffet cards? or a few of those or what? inquiring minds want to know :-)

Andrea, said...

Wow this is the most gorgeous card, i love it, the stamp is fab

June Houck said...

I have this card displayed in my craft room. I could not believe the work that went into it when you sent it to me last year...I felt really special to receive it!

i can't believe you wc'd 40 and all that cutting! You did not even show the stockings on the inside too... I LOVE that card!!!