Friday, November 23, 2007

Elegant Silhouette



I had so much fun putting together this card for SCS's Sketch Challenge #151.

For the main image, since there isn't a Purely Pomegranate marker, I inked the whole image from the Purely Pomegranate pad, then used the brush tip of a Basic Black marker to color over the leaves and stems. After stamping, I used a stamp positioner to overstamp the image in VersaMark ink, so that I could clear emboss the whole thing. (Do not try this without a stamp positioner, LOL!) I like the shiny elegance it gives to the card.

For the background, I ran the black card stock through my Cuttlebug using the textile folder. Something about it was still too "plain" for the shiny main image, so I tried adding VersaMark ink to the raised portions (I used a brayer), so that I could clear emboss. It worked!

I also added one of the stick pins from the Pretties kit. Who knows if this is the "right" way to use this kit ... all I know is it was a shame to see that whole kit just sitting untouched since July, when it showed up in the new catalog and I *had* to have it! I'm saying "no" to hoarding :)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!:
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, VersaMark
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Basic Black marker, clear embossing powder, paper piercer, corner rounder (for scallops), white gel pen, pomegranate satin ribbon, word window punch, black brads, Pretties kit, Cuttlebug textile embossing folder

22 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow! This card is AMAZING!!! The black and pomegranate are such a sharp colour combo. Love all the embossing too!

My Paper World said...

Wow! this is really beautiful!! Love the colour combo, and that cute pin!

Tracy said...

how evil of them not to make the pens to go with those colors huh? But girl you didnt let that stop ya huh? This is absolutely gorgeous. i wonder how you keep topping yourself but you always do. i love every little detail and the stick pin - honey if there was a "right" way then this is it. perfect. every little thing

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful card, love the ribbon with the pin!

June Houck said...

Holy Cow, Girlfriend! This card is GORGEOUS, STUNNING, LOVELY, etc. That image was a lot of work, but well worth the effort for this card. It is perfect!

Yosha said...

This card is brilliant!! You are really making me like this colour!!!

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG this card is super duper gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is beyond gorgeous ... the touches of embossing add such elegance and those colors just POP. Stunning!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow. Beautiful. I've seen tutorials on using a stamp positioner, but it still seems "gray" to me. Got any tips?

Tricia T said...

Just found your blog through "Stampin' When I Can". Love your style!! I'll be back!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my this is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

so elegant!!!

Linda SS said...

This is my 1st visit as I found you through Allison. She is definitely right - your cards are stunning.

Anonymous said...

This is a truly STUNNING creation!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Amy,
That has to be the most beautiful card I have ever seen! I want to be YOU when I grow up...
Sue

Anonymous said...

Another WOW as this is beautiful and very eye catching. Thanks heaps for sharing this gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!

A very beautiful card - I found your blog thru Allison & glad I did, you do amazing work!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This card is stunning! I have never heard of the technique you used to stamp an image and then stamp over it with versamark. Very cool. I am going to try that today!
I found your blog just today and love your style! Will be cking in regularly now. Ü

Diane said...

I'm so happy Allison had you on her blog...your cards are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this is so gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

This card is just so beautiful!. I just had to do a spin off card inspired by this creation.
Thank you for sharing it with us!
Lisa