Saturday, November 10, 2007

Burgundy, Bayou and Sky



Last night was my first time stumbling upon this cool color combo. I happened to have these three packs lying on my desk from unrelated projects, and thought they looked so pretty together. What do you think?

For this card, I used a sketch I found on Julia Stainton's blog, Belle Papier. The large flower is from the Pretties kit. For the flower center, I used the rhinestone brad/jumbo eyelet pairing I've been seeing a lot of lately on Beate's blog, fresh & fun. The only stamping was the swirly flourish thingie from the Priceless stampset. The rest of the card is just layering and paper piercing. I keep resisting the urge to add more to this card for fear of ruining it :)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Priceless
Paper: Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Sky
Ink: Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinestone brad ("Ice"), pewter jumbo eyelet, pretties kit, crop-a-dile, paper piercer, 1" circle punch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how gorgeous! SO elegant...just love how you used the flourishes and did those diamond layers! Thanks so much for trying out my sketch...love your take on it!

My Paper World said...

I think that the colours look great! This is beautiful!

Tracy said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. each thing you make is my new favorite :-) love the colors and what YOU did with that sketch. i love the way you placed the white papers and the pierced paper ... and those flourishes! ooooo!