Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is Less More?



One of my absolute favorite designers right now is Kristina Werner. She rocks! Her style is so lean and clean. Very minimalist. I compulsively check her blog to see what new stuff she's been working on, and everytime, without fail, I see a new project and my jaw drops. She takes "less is more" to a completely different level. Check out her work on her blog: kwernerdesignblog.

I'm usually into more layers, more embellishments, more "stuff," so I challenged myself to make something in the "less is more" style. I tried to stick with basic stamping and a few (hopefully) well-placed "extras," like the piercing, ribbon, glitter, and pop-dots.

Supplies (Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Inks: Jet-Black Staz-On, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories: aqua painter, dimensionals, apricot grosgrain ribbon, celery grosgrain ribbon, blue gingham ribbon, paper piercer; markers (Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Pretty in Pink), glitter gel pen (by Sakura)

Oh, and here's something exciting. I'll have a card in the April 2008 issue of CARDS!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

this is adorable - and it seems you even though you may not think so. has all the lovely details you are so wonderful at and your good design sense. i love that blog you pointed to - great stuff. and congrats!!!!!!! you'll have to post your page when it comes out ok?

Erin McKinney said...

great card!

Kristina Werner said...

Oooo! I really like this card! It looks awesome!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this card is so adorable !!!love the ribbons for stems and the design-just gorgeous...
tfs,
chat