Monday, November 5, 2007

Featured Stamper Challenge



Remember my post a while back thanking fellow stamper Jimmi Mayo for her kind words and encouragement when I had just started this blog? I was thrilled to see that she is this week's Featured Stamper on Splitcoast, and just had to play along! The Featured Stamper challenge is fun. You find a card in their gallery and CASE it (copy and share everything). But you have to change at least two things to make it your own.

I chose a gorgeous card of hers that uses Heartfelt Thanks, one of my favorite sets that, sadly, has been collecting dust most of this past year. You can see her original card here. I used the same stamps, but changed the color scheme. I dry embossed, like she did, but I used a different Cuttlebug embossing folder. And I used ticket punched corners instead of brads. Last, I went over the main image with the speckle stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds using metallic silver ink.

This is pretty enough, I'm not complaining, but I like hers SO much better! You have to check it out. Stay a while and check out the rest of her gallery, too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Warm Words, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue
Inks: Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Night of Navy, Encore Silver Metallic
Accessories: ticket corner punch, photo corner punch, navy wide organdy ribbon, silver cord, Cuttlebug "textile" embossing folder

5 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous,amy! love this set! love your layout, the CB bg,and the ribbon with cording! excellent card!

Tracy said...

your card is gorgeous!
course i'm a "blue" girl too :-)

My Paper World said...

So pretty! I love the blue too!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous and now I am going to have to CASE your version! I love the blues and your corners!

June Houck said...

I love both cards, but I must admit, I like yours a little bit better :)