Monday, September 22, 2008

He Will Command His Angels



I got back yesterday evening from my first-ever weekend crop. It was great! I can't say I was terribly productive (unless you count how fast I emptied the candy corn dish, lol!), mainly because I didn't have enough time to prepare well. One woman did sixty scrapbook pages! Woohoo for her! I did end up taking a bunch of stamps and all of my different coloring mediums so I could at least get some things pre-colored.

One of the images I colored was this beautiful Angel from Our Daily Bread Designs. Some of the Scripture stamps included in this set are obviously geared toward Christmas cards, but some are more year-round. I love that versatility!! The Scripture stamp I chose for today is Psalm 91:11, which I thought would make a wonderful card of encouragement. I'll be sending this one out to Sandy, a good friend of Kelley's (owner of Our Daily Bread Designs), who was recently diagnosed with liver cancer. You can read more about Sandy here. Please keep her in your prayers! And if you'd like to send her a card, Kelley is collecting them and passing them along.

Here's the address:
Sandy Keller
c/o Our Daily Bread Designs
P.O. Box 410
Hinckley, Ohio 44233

The angel is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on watercolor paper, and colored with an aqua painter and Stampin' Up ink, then outlined with a W1 Copic marker. The sentiment layers are cut with Nestabilities. I embellished with Vintage brads, two ribbon tabs (Stampin' Up's double-striped ribbon in Baja Breeze), and some zig-zag paper piercing.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Angel (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze textured, Kraft, Soft Sky (SU!); watercolor paper (Canson)
Ink: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Blush Blossom, Cream Caramel, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Accessories: aqua painter, Vintage brads, Baja Breeze double-striped ribbon, sponge daubers, dimensionals, paper piercer (SU!); classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); W1 Copic marker
Size: 5 1/4" square

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun this weekend! 60 pages for that lady? WOWZA! lol - LOVE the card...great colors!

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are an angel...thank you so much for posting that!

The card is very, very pretty. Sandy will love it!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Amy! That image is so serene...

Glad you had a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Amy, your card is just gorgeous!

Denise said...

This is just gorgeous. Thanks for the address. :)

Kathy Jones said...

This is simply beautiful. I have been wanting this set for a while and this just makes me want it more! Love the way you've done the piercing on the side!

Michelle said...

So beautiful ~~ & a crop! How fun!!! Here's a link to where I bought my Enveloper, with a bit more explanation as to what it is...

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts/Crafters-Companion-Enveloper-Craft-Tool/3127703/product.html

I think you have a Scor-Pal, though, don't you?? You can make envelopes with that just as easily (or so I'm told, lol)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning Amy!! Just gorgeous!!

Christyne said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job on this card! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I had a bit of a frazzled morning, so the verse you used is one I needed to see.

Hugs~
Christyne

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful card! The sentiment is wonderful and something I needed to read today.

60 pages!! Wow, I can't even imagine that. :)