Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Opposites Day



I was at AC Moore yesterday and spotted this beautiful pack of two-sided 5x7 designer paper called "The Story of Us." It is SO me! The elegant cream and black, the florals, brocade, and striped patterns, and the splash of rich blue. I couldn't wait for the kids to go to bed, so I could go play. I thought the fancy, schmancy Black-Tie Birdies set from Verve would be the perfect set. (Incidentally, you could stamp these birdies on a dishcloth and they would still look elegant!) Here I stamped on one of the neutral papers in the pack using Versafine Onyx Black, then heat embossed with clear powder. I stamped a second bird, heat embossed, trimmed out his body and popped it up on a dimensional. The wing and bow-tie are stamped on one of the blue papers in this pack, heat embossed and popped up again on dimensionals. Two large clear gems and three lengths of shiny satin and taffeta ribbon complete the elegant look.

I'm usually good for only one card a day, but I wasn't ready to stop, so I made a second card using Verve's Some Bunny set.



I had the best time dressing this sweet little bunny in his denim overalls and engineer's cap - it was just like playing with paper dolls! I free-handed the overalls and cap using some old, old, old denim designer paper made by Frances Meyer. The fuzzy dot ribbon by May Arts is one that I got in a ribbon share through Jody Morrow/texasjodylynn. The bunny is stamped three times and layered up using the paper tole technique. I could see a whole "Some Bunny Accessories" set, couldn't you?

Thanks, as always, for stopping by!



"Enjoy Today"
Stamps: Black-Tie Birdies (Verve)
Paper: Ivory Naturals, Basic Black, Buckaroo Blue (SU); The Story of Us cardstock pad (ATD/Momenta)

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: corner rounder, dimensionals, paper piercer, Ivory taffeta ribbon, clear embossing powder (SU!); black and blue satin ribbons (Offray); clear gemstones (Heidi Swapp)
Size: 5 1/4" square


"Some Bunny"
Stamps: Some Bunny (Verve)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Ivory Naturals (SU!); denim designer paper (Frances Meyer)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Prismacolors and odorless mineral spirits; brown fuzzy dot ribbon (May Arts); Not Quite Navy marker, dimensionals, paper piercer, 1/4" circle punch, Vintage brads (SU!)
Size: 4 1/4" square

19 comments:

Janine said...

The paper is gorgeous. The colors are right up my alley!!
Have a great day!!

Catherine said...

Amy, that DSP is so pretty, i want some =) both cards are just adorable and how cute is your bunny all dress up..too cute!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Amy, these are both so adorable! Love your new papers and all the ribbon on the first! And that bunny, OMIGosh! Who'da thought to dress him up so cute...I love it!

Missy said...

I so love both cards. The paper you got is just adorable and something I would like as well. Thank you for mentioning AC Moore. I went there in March while visiting my ILs and forgot the name.
The bunny card is just so gosh darn cute. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Diane Gilbert said...

Amy I LOVE both cards but that little bunny card is just adorable! I think I need to get that set! Thanks for sharing!
~Diane

Amy said...

Both these cards are amazing Amy! No wonder you wanted to keep going with your card making...you're on fire girl!!!

Love them!

Jennifer said...

Both cards are wonderful, but that first one is just beautiful. I love that paper!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your first card is just beautiful, but I am GAGA over the bunny!! He is so darned cute...

June Houck said...

I like both cards...DUH! They ARE Amy cards...but that first card IS totally you, in your element, doing your Amy thing. GORGEOUS!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both card are just beautiful Amy! LOVE the elegance of the first card and the adorable little outfit and fun layering of the second!

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this so gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!
great colors on the DSP!!!!
and the ribbons-so yummy
tfs:)
chat

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Die Karte ist so was von niedlich. Gefällt mir total.
Absolutly!!
Annett

Angel said...

Both of these are great, Amy. And I love thatblack and cream paper! Hopefully I can find it some day!

Nancy said...

Those are both great cards, but I LOVE THE BUNNY one! : )

sideshow stamps said...

Very cool cards...love the colors and embellishments and the bunny is just too cute! Kudos on the awesome little outfit.

Anonymous said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful. I have the set ordered from Verve, can't wait til i get it.

smallcity

Bev J. said...

Both cards are really neat but I love the dressed up bunny-so cute. tfs

ChrissyM said...

Gorgeous cards! The first one is so elegant looking I love the paper you used. Stunning!! The bunny card is adorable. I have to get my hands on this stamp, I am a huge fan of bunnies. I love the overalls on him. Adorable!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are so right, that paper is so you, absolutely gorgeous!!