Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Sketch for You to Maul, I Mean Try

Yes, I mangled Jen's Sketch for You To Try this week. Ugh!! I had to elongate the sketch to accommodate my image and sentiment, which I had to use so that this card could double for my OCC sample, too (more on that in a bit). Anyway, perhaps if you squint and make your eyes go all blurry, you'll see some resemblance to the sketch ;)

So, for SURE go visit i{heart}2stamp, where you can see more samples - the first by Jen, and the second by a new guest designer for September, whom you're sure to love (I'll let Jen spill the beans, though). And while you're there, you can also check out Jen's blog candy! You'll want to pay a visit to Amy, Carole, Shannan, and Susan, too, to see what they have cooked up. We hope you can play along! If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: SFYTT.

So yes, as I mentioned, this is my sample for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner, too, which is to make a humorous card. Guess who the host is for September?! Yours truly. A little extra info on the challenge this week.... It's been documented here on this blog before that this is the wonderful year I turn 40. Well, in fact, this is the week I turn 40! So I'm counting on all my OCC friends to keep me laughing instead of crying. I hope you'll play!! You better - c'mon, it's my birthday!! Plus we have a really awesome present to give away!! You'll find all the details on the blog, along with samples by the rest of the team: Cindy Haffner, Dawn Easton, Denise Marzec, Jennifer Meyer, Julee Tilman, Laurie Schmidlin, and Lynda Benden. Did you see? Did you see? Julee, who guest designed for us all last month, has joined us permanently! Woohoo!! Welcome, Julee!!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!



Stamps: Inky Antics
Paper: Pumpkin Pie card stock; dp by Magnolia/My Mind's Eye
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, various re-inkers
Accessories: aqua painter, clear embossing powder, tags trio Nestabilities, Baja Breeze wide stitched ribbon, SU label punch, silver brads, sponge daubers

19 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute Amy!!! I'm sure turning 40 isn't all that bad :) I'll let you know in a few more year...haha!

Anonymous said...

As Samantha on SATC said to Carrie, "Welcome to my box." (The one you will now fill out on surveys 40 - 50 years old). I'm 42 and like to say I'm 30 with 12 years experience and I'm like two 21 year olds!! Happy early joyful birthday!!

Denise Marzec said...

The title of your post cracks me up, LOL!

Great card, love your coloring!

Nancy Riley said...

Mangled? ... NOT! Amy, everything you stamp turns to gold, and this card is no exception!

I'm not sure exactly what day is your 40th this week, but wanted to wish you a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and a warm welcome to the 40's club! You're not alone! LOL! It's all downhill from here! (just kidding!)

Linda Carson said...

Happy 40th! Been there, done that, bought a tee shirt! It's the best time of your life after the "sting" is over!! You're an amazing artist Amy!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday! Love the card, I hate that I totally relate, but still to funny! LOL

Renée said...

Fabulous colouring, Amy! I Love your image and colours!! Have a happy birthday!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome card - Amy!!! I'm feeling the changes...LOL!!! I'm rigth behind you....I'm hitting the big
4-0 next month...so let's laugh together!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy... You totally rocked Jen's sketch! It's so cute and I LOVE the fun image and design!

Sending you LOTS of Birthday hugs for the coming week!

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Amy... I turned 40 in July and it was painless. Just everyone reminded me how “old” I was... I just told then I feel 20! LOL!! Super card girl and enjoy the weekend! Michelle :)

Lynda Benden said...

Woohoo Amy ~ Happy early Birthday ~ God knows I won't remember to wish you a Happy Day later in the week!!!! Your card is so cute and I do think it looks like the sketch!

You have offered such a wonderful gift for our readers ~ that was so nice of you!!!

Michelle said...

Well, I can certainly see the sketch in this card ~~ you didn't mangle it! I love it! And happy birthday to you ~~ I just turned 41 & so far my 40's are just as good as my 30's, if not better :) Don't sweat it, enjoy it!!

Anonymous said...

supah dupah cuteness!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is so funny, Amy! Your coloring is fabulous and I think you did a great job with the sketch. I'm so super excited to join you on the OCC. Wooohooo! :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

LOL!! Love this image Amy! So cute!

Conniecrafter said...

Enjoy your birthday week, so Love the sentiment and cute image to go with it!

stampmonkey said...

What a riot! Unfortunately it's not all that funny when it's happening to you! ;) I think you did a great job with the sketch. And wishing you a Happy Birthday this week! May you be blessed even half as much as your creativity blesses others.

Anonymous said...

Hey there :) Happy birthday to you. I turned 40 last week, so we aren't too far apart. I have so enjoyed watching your style. I found you through your design work for ODBD. Thanks so much for inspiring me with unique ideas - not necessarily mangled or mauled - worked in a new direction maybe. And thanks for making me smile. I appreciate you. God bless . . . Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan

Sandie said...

Wonderful card, and it doesn't take too much squinting to see the sketch, LOL. The sentiment is hilarious :)