Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thank You!



Today's card is for you! I know I've been a little flaky with my blog posting lately. I've had a lot going on this week especially that has left precious little time for much stamping- boo! I'm hoping to get back to daily posts soon (for starters, there's no one left in my family who hasn't been sick, lol!), but in the meantime, thanks for your patience. And for your friendship! Even if it's "just" the cyber kind.

This is my sample for both of my Saturday challenges - Jen's Sketch for You to Try and the weekly challenge at Our Creative Corner. To see the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Suzanne Dean's sample, visit i{heart}2stamp. Then hop over to see what Amy, Carole, Shannan, and Susan have put together. We hope you'll play along! If you upload to SCS, use keyword: SFYTT.

The challenge this week at Our Creative Corner is to incorporate chipboard into your project. Head to Our Creative Corner for all the challenge details, and to see more fun chipboard ideas from the rest of the OCC team, Cindy Haffner, Dawn Easton, Denise Marzec, Jennifer Meyer, Julee Tilman, Laurie Schmidlin, and Lynda Benden, as well as our special guest designer, my dirty dozen "roomie," the fabulous Cindy Lawrence!

I'm sure at some point I'll get tired of the new Haiku designer paper from Stampin' Up - just not yet. I hope you're not tired of seeing me use it! The branch image is from Eastern Blooms by Stampin' Up, and the sentiment is from SU's Upsy Daisy. I inked the branch in Old Olive using a marker. The flowers were inked in Tangerine Tango using a Fantastix brush dipped into Tangerine Tango ink from a reinker. The flower centers are dotted with Liquid Pearls. My chipboard element is the butterfly accent. It is manufactured by American Crafts, and comes in a beautiful, colorful pattern that unfortunately looked absolutely hideous with this paper. I turned it to the back, where it was still "naked," coated it with More Mustard craft ink, then covered it in Dazzling Diamonds glitter using Heat and Stick powder.

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Upsy Daisy (SU!)
Paper: Tangering Tango, Old Olive, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, "Haiku" designer paper (SU!)
Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron (SU!)
Accessories: chipboard butterfly (American Crafts); liquid pearls (Ranger), Fantastix brush applicator; paper piercer, Tangerine Tango double-striped ribbon , dimensionals (SU!)

17 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Amy! I'm not tired of that DP either, love it!

Susie said...

Amy I could never be tired of anything you create - seriously. You do such wonderful work. I just saw Jen's sketch before visiting you - love what you did with it.

Anonymous said...

Yet another beautiful card! I could never get sick of that Haiku paper, either! Now I just need to get me some...

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful card, Amy! I could never tire of the Haiku paper, especially on your cards!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not tired of seeing your wonderful Haiku DSP cards either, Amy! Love this one!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is lovely

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS card, Amy! The Haiku dp is one of my favorite dp's too! Don't think I'll ever tire of it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Your card is gorgeous Amy! Thanks for the fun challenge over at Our Creative Corner!

Have fun at your scrap, Jennifer :)

Amy Rohl said...

As always--a feast for my eyes, girly! Love those colors, papers, ribbon, everything!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Amy, hope you and your family feel better, bummer being sick.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I still can't figure out why I haven't ordered that paper!! This is STUNNING!!

Monica said...

Gorgeous!! I love everything about this card!

Lynda Benden said...

Beautiful Amy! Your butterfly is awesome and the colors are so warm and Fall~ish (is that a word???)! LOL!

Heather said...

Super fab! Great colors and details! Love it!

Catherine said...

oh love everything about this card esp your glittery butterfly :)

Denise said...

Very pretty, Amy. I love the color combo! :)

Libby Hickson said...

So pretty - I love how you did the ribbon, and that glittery butterfly is just gorgeous!