Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And The Angel Said Unto Them



"Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." ~Luke 2:10-11


And so goes THE greatest story of all time, as told in the gospel of Luke. I'll admit I choose Christmas cards more for how they look than for what they say (at least I'm being honest ... I like pretty things!). This one's got it all, though - a powerful reminder of the real meaning of Christmas and an elegant presentation.

Once again, I've used stamps from the Angel set by Our Daily Bread Designs. I remember last year taking a while to embrace Stampin' Up's Holiday Harmony designer paper as Christmas paper. "You've got to be kidding?" was my first reaction, lol! Purely Pomegranate and River Rock just weren't traditional enough for my taste. My, how that changed. I ended up using it for last year's Christmas card, and now this year, I'm so disappointed those colors and this paper have been retired!

I stamped the Angel in River Rock on Very Vanilla. The sentiment is stamped over the angel in Versafine Onyx Black, then clear embossed. I embellished with Vintage brads, gold cord, Pomegranate satin ribbon, and decorative corners cut out of Gold Leaf metallic card stock with one of the Cuttlebug Vintage dies.

Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day!



Stamps: Angel (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, and Very Vanilla card stock, Holiday Harmony designer series paper [retired] (all SU!); gold metallic (Prism)
Ink: River Rock, Alwasy Artichoke (SU!); Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: clear embossing powder, gold cord, Pomegranate satin ribbon, dimensionals, vintage brads, paper piercer (all SU!); Vintage Cuttlebug die (Provo Craft)
Size: 5 1/2" square

25 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is very eye catching!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Another STUNNING creation by you....absolutely gorgeous!!

Missy said...

Oh, this is great. I love the little filagree in the corners. So elegant. TFS!!!

Sew Club said...

That is REALLY pretty! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is so classy and has so much interest and give the important message. Yes, it has it all! Love it!

Tiffany said...

This is amazing! I love it and the scripture passage is beautiful.

Diane Gilbert said...

Amy this card is GORGEOUS!!! I agree it took me awhile to warm up to Holiday Harmony too!!!
~Diane

Catherine said...

Another gorgeous card from you Amy...this is beautifully done!

Gretchen said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to get this set!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Amy..you never fail to amaze me. You're awesome, girl!!

Bev J. said...

Very pretty-love the sentiment in the middle. tfs

Stampin_Melissa said...

This card is just gorgeous! I found myself loving the corner adornment. Thanks for sharing that they are CB dies. I looked through my stash and don't you know I already have that die! :D Pretty sad when you don't remember what all you have. Thanks for sharing, I just LOVE your artwork!

Jackie Pedro said...

Another stunning card from the Great Amy Sheffer!!! This is beautiful...

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just beautiful Amy! Very elegant--

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

Linda Carson said...

Most EXCELLENT artwork! Of course I wouldn't expect anything less!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely stunning!!!! I love those stamps! Funny - those colours and paper are currently available to us in Australia.... might have to go get some!! :)

Jami said...

Oh Amy, this is so beautiful!! Such perfect balance and harmony! Very classy!!
hugs, Jami

Nancy said...

Amy, this is a beautiful, elegant card! I love the paper and ribbon colors, and the Cuttlebug corners!

June Houck said...

Breathtaking! These colors do seem traditional to me, since I decorate my home in old world santa style. I really LOVE this card.

Amy Rohl said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy, and you got it right--this one's a feast for the eyes and the faith!

Amy

jjcreations said...

Oh my word - this card is stunning. I love the colours and the decorative corners. Joan

Anonymous said...

Me again..Tagged you on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Amy, I have been catching up and you have been creating some beauties!

Tammi said...

Beautiful, wow, layout is stunning! Thanks for this reminder today. :)

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful creation, love the text over the image, neat layerin of paper and ribbon, love the piercing with the brads!!