Saturday, December 1, 2007

Princess Thanks



Boy, do I get the sidetracked award! For a month, I have remembered and then promptly forgotten to get my daughter's birthday thank-yous made and sent out. Her party was on November 3rd. It's TIME. (It's past time.)

After explaining that we couldn't buy five of the adorable Jolee's Cinderellas at Michael's because they were $4.99 each, we finally settled on some inexpensive princess stickers. I was highly skeptical I could make anything remotely cute, but at this point, as long as they got done, I didn't care a whit what they looked like.

Go figure, they turned out kinda cute! [I'm convinced it's because I used my new Nestabilities dies that just came in the mail today (!!!). They make anything look better, ya know?]

I needed 5 thank-yous, but only had 4 of the large princess trio stickers, so I did a second design that I actually like even better:



What's really cool is that Sharon at No Time To Stamp has a Stamp Simply Challenge up right now to use, guess what?, *stickers* as the main image of your card! I get to play!

Supplies (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise specified):
Stamps: Priceless
Paper: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Pink Passion, White craft
Accessories: nestabilities (by Spellbinders), slit punch, white gel pen, paper piercer, black gingham ribbon, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, Disney Princess stickers (by Sandy Lion)

4 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, these are just as cute as can be -- what little girl won't be just so thrilled to get these!!! What a great idea to substitute stickers for stamps you won't use again -- wonderful thinking!!!! So glad you played -- thanks much!!!

June Houck said...

These are both great! Wonderful use of stickers too. I hope you win!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so beautiful... I just love pink and black together. TFS! You do some amazing things with paper!

Tracy said...

honey you are GOOD!
sERIOUsly!
these are abso-frickin-lutely adorable and the perfect thankyou!
now --- tell me - which nestabilities set did you get? i'm struggling to decide