Friday, December 14, 2007

Ali-Style Holiday Decor



It's (finally) beginning to look like Christmas around here. I was pulling out some decorations this afternoon, and came across this framed collage I made last year. The inspiration comes 100% from a piece of framed art that Ali Edwards did last year and featured on her blog. You can see hers here.

This was so easy to make I ended up doing a dozen or more and gave them as gifts last year. The frame was a Dollar Tree piece of art that I dismantled. The squares of Holiday Thyme paper are punched with the square punch and then arranged quilt-style. A few little stamped sections for variety, and that's it. It was a little boring once I assembled it, so I added the script-style words around the outside of the mat.

Don't forget: I'll be randomly choosing a winner for my blog candy tomorrow morning at 9 am EST. Go here to enter!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Season's Greetings (retired), Shapes & Shadows (retired), Seeing Spots, Snow Flurries, Warm Words
Paper: Whisper White, Cranberry Crisp, Holiday Thyme designer paper (retired)
Inks: Basic Black, Cranberry Cristp, True Thyme, Bashful Blue
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, 1/16" punch, 3/4" circle punch

6 comments:

Tracy said...

it's wonderful! you must have had a number of very happy giftees! i really like your take on it - very amy which is great - oh and i really like the words going around

SueB said...

Amy, I love the effect from using different holiday dp AND the sentiment border - CUTE idea! Thanx for the inspiration, as usual, and for pointing out Ali's blog too!
later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

Amy, what a grand idea!! I think this is so pretty.....only 8 days 'til Christmas....wonder if I can get one done!!

Sue Hyer said...

Gee, I happen to have one of these frames hanging in my foyer! One of my favorite holiday decorations! How about that!

Anonymous said...

Very cool little project! Love the words around the borders...its perfect :)

my blog:
http://www.scrappychick.typepad.com

JenMarie said...

This is just gorgeous!!!