Thursday, December 6, 2007

Not Everything Is Black and White



There's some gray in there, too ;)

I used my new Spiral Bouquet set from Papertrey Ink again. The set is designed as a two-step set ... each image has a solid, shadow stamp and a separate spiral, line-art stamp that can be layered on top to add detail.

I thought this particular line-art detail stamp would make a nice flourish to frame something. Here I framed the "i miss you" sentiment, but I think it would also work to frame an image. Also, if you stamp this image end-to-end, first facing left, then facing right, and so on, you get a wonderful border. Because the stamps are clear polymer on acrylic blocks, you can see through everything for near-perfect placement without the use of a stamp positioner. Gotta love clear sometimes!



Behind the brads that make the flower centers, I added 1/4" Basic Gray circles for a little extra oomph. I got the idea to do this from Beate Johns a while back.

Supplies (Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey Ink), All-Year Cheer II
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Going Gray (yes, Going Gray ... the Basic Gray ink was too dark)
Accessories: paper piercer, 1" circle punch, large oval punch, designer label punch, gray taffeta ribbon, black grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" hole punch, 1/4" circle punch, corner rounder (for scalloped edge), vintage brads, ticket corner punch

4 comments:

June Houck said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! B&W cards are so "in" right now, but I have yet to make one (I always gotta add red...) Of all the B&W cards I've seen, this is ...bar NONE...my favorite! I LOVE this card.

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Tracy said...

oh that's beautiful. love those stamps and how you worked your ways with them my dear! i bet you are gonna make more arentcha? :-) we can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Janine said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colors you chose.