Friday, December 7, 2007

Enough Already!



Yes, I'm still playing with the Spiral Bouquet set by Papertrey Ink. It's so fun!

I actually created this for a challenge that My Favorite Things was holding to select their guest designer for January. I really had no intention of entering, but at the last minute, decided it would be fun to try. The challenge was to use an ATC (Artist Trading Card) to create a full-size card. (For information on ATC's, go here.)

After I uploaded my ATC-turned-card, I checked out all the other entries, and let's just say, it's good I looked after I uploaded instead of before, because I probably would have been way too intimidated to put mine up had I seen the other ones first. There are some amazing entries. If my link doesn't work, check them out in the SCS gallery by doing a search on keyword: MFGD01. (That's zero and one on the end.) They're going to have a guest designer each month, so be sure to check it out if you're interested!

I took advantage of the designer paper sale Stampin' Up ran last month, and stocked up on a bunch of new designs. The papers on this card all come from a pack called Le Jardin. Love the colors. On the main image, I inked the flowers and stems, then kissed them with an uninked Canvas background stamp to get the textured look.

Supplies (Stampin' Up except where noted):
Stamps: Spiral Bouquet (by Papertrey Ink), Happy Harmony, Canvas, French Script
Paper: Always Artichoke, Le Jardin designer paper, So Saffron, Brocade Blue, Shimmery White
Inks: Brocade Blue, Always Artichoke, So Saffron
Accessories: French Blue grosgrain ribbon, Artichoke grosgrain, Apricot grosgrain, corner rounder (for scallops), ticket corner punch, photo corner punch, scallop punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals, vintage brads

3 comments:

Tracy said...

this is beautiful -everything about it - just beautiful (and they'd be mighty wise to pick you missy - and yes i looked at the link - no one even comes close!) :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

The DSP,the stamped image and the ribbon look so pretty together...I'm looking forward everyday to see what else you have created..you are such inspiration!!!

June Houck said...

It's beautiful! I love that Paper Trey stuff...I see a lot used on my blogs I check regularly...I don't own any; I just admire from afar :)