Monday, December 17, 2007

Magnet Tins



I'm still working on Christmas cards and teacher gifts ... anyone else feeling the pinch? Christmas is NEXT WEEK. Ack!!

I'm pulling out an old project to show you today. I made a bunch of these little magnet tins a couple of years ago for a craft show. The little snowman comes from the old Tags & More stamp set, and is still one of my favorite individual images ever. He's too cute and just seems to be the pefect size for so many projects. There's a piece of dp in the back of the tin, the snowman is popped up on at least three of the old double-thick dimensionals, the "snow" is from the Department 56, wide organdy is tied around the perimeter, and last a button magnet is adhered to the back.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tags & More
Designer Paper: Stampin' Up! (a retired pattern)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Brocade Blue marker, two-way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, navy wide organdy ribbon, dimensionals, round tins (from Oriental Trading Company, in pack of 12), button magnets.

Here are some of the other designs I did for the craft show:

Stamps: Looks Like Spring

Paper: Spring Showers

Ink: Pretty In Pink, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana

Accessories: dimensionals, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, spring bouquet punch




Stamps: It's a Girl Thing (retired hostess appreciation set), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Whisper white
Accessories: rose grosgrain ribbon, silver cord, dazzling diamonds glitter, gable green and pretty in pink markers, rhinestone gem

This last one was my favorite. I made three of them, using the different images from the It's a Girl Thing set. The other two were shoes and purses (I think?). Anyway, they were so cute and I thought would be perfect for a tween/teen locker.

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

The tins are very nice...I like the snowman the best!!! Fitting for the season....Where did you get the tins - I really like the size.

Sue Hyer said...

Duh! I never would have thought to use those tins for anything besides a Christmas decoration or favor! Love it!

Tracy said...

all very cute
and yes... feeling the pinch bigtime LOL
hope you're getting lots done