Among the many "by-products" of being a SU demo is that I have oodles of leftover materials from years of workshops, make-and-takes, and stamp camps. I store the original cards along with all the cut materials to duplicate it in Ziplok bags. I have supplies cut and bagged for hundreds of cards. Provided I still have the stamps, these are a breeze to put together.
In theory, anyway. Usually, the original is in sore need of an update. Take the one below, which is from at least four years ago (I made it when I was a new demo). Definitely due for an update:
To the rescue -- old faithful Print Pattern, which was still out on my table from yesterday's card. See? Case in point. A little Print Pattern can make anything look better! (And a white gel pen, scallop punch, and a few extra layers, lol!)
I pulled out all the Valentine's Day leftovers last night to make some cards for my friend June, who last month invited me to help her meet the demand for the single cards she sells at two area coffee shops. I met June at one of those shops this morning to do a little trade. I gave her 14 Valentine's Day cards to sell, and she gave me almost $120 for a bunch of cards that have already sold. The best thing is that the ones I gave her back in mid-November were craft show extras that were just sitting in my basement collecting dust, so this was like free money!
Hmmm, a couple more months of this could pay for a nice set of Copics ;)
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Have A Heart, Soft Swirl
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Rose Romance, Rose Red
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, southwest corner punch, handheld rectangle punch, rose grosgrain
Stamps: Have a Heart, Print Pattern
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Romance, Basic Black, Rose Red
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop punch, dimensionals, black grosgrain, sponge dauber, ticket corner punch, white gel pen