Thursday, December 13, 2007

So Many Ways To Say I Love You



I'm using lots of new (or new-to-me) stuff today. The new Ginger Blossom patterned paper from the Stampin' Up! preview catalog is absolutely scrumptious. I love, love, LOVE it!

The sentiments come from the current hostess set So Many Sayings. Until now, it was still unmounted. I was waiting to see if I'd actually use it.

Last, the card base is made from SU's textured paper. The textured paper was one of those items that kept getting dropped from my orders in favor of other things. Not anymore. I'm totally hooked. It adds so much to the card with no extra work. I've always loved the Bazzill paper for its texture. Now I can have texture and my trusty 48-plus colors. Way to go, Stampin' Up!

I stamped the sentiment in Ruby Red craft ink, then cut apart the individual sayings. The fabric flower comes from the Pretties kit. I dyed it using an Aqua Painter and Groovy Guava ink (a drop from the re-inker). I also sponged the edges of all the designer paper pieces for a little extra definition.

If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out my blog candy in celebration of 10K hits. It's in the previous post. You have until Saturday morning, 9 am EST, to enter.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: So Many Sayings
Paper: Groovy Guava textured, Ruby Red, River Rock, Regal Rose, Ginger Blossom designer paper
Ink: Ruby Red craft ink, groovy guava reinker
Accessories: Groovy Guava double-stitched ribbon, dimensionals, scallop punch, 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1/16" circle punches, flower from Pretties kit, aqua painter, three-for-you punch, ruby red brad, sponge daubers

9 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
The paper and the embellishment are great!!!

Susie said...

This is really beautiful. As usual, lots of wonderful texture created perfectly.

Marilyn said...

Wowsers!!!! This card is absolutely fabulous! But of course all your cards are! Thanks for inspiring me to use this set - haven't used it much yet myself - TFS!!

Tracy said...

such pretty paper and cs - colors are beautiful and just a wonderful happy card!

Toni said...

I *LOVE* this card! I love the papers, the colors and the layout!
Yummy!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Sweet layout and design Amy. You have inspired me to start making my Valentine cards. Jennifer :)

Maren said...

Love those colors and how you did the sentiment. I saw somewhere in cyberspace that someone cut their So Many Sayings set and mounted them separately. I think I would use it more if I had thought of that! I have to buy more of the textured cardstock, my limited supply is getting even more limited. Great card & thanks for sharing!

Christa said...

This is absolutely LUSCIOUS! I love the colors especially.

Dawn M said...

this card is beautiful! I love this new paper too. I almost don't want to cut mine. I have used my So Many Saying alot. I mounted all of the lines separate. My fiancee' cut the blocks up for me.