Saturday, December 8, 2007

Quick Preschool B-Day Card



I usually dread making kids cards, but today I was excited because I just found this adorable little astronaut guy by A Muse half-price at my [not-so-]local stamp store earlier this week. Isn't he darling?

I trimmed out and popped up the astronaut, and then bent his legs and arms a little so it looks like he's walking toward you. The "A" initial on his chest is something I added for personalization. The inside reads, "Happy Birthday. Hope your day is out of this world!"

Supplies (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: astronaut (by A Muse); star wheel, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Paper: Night of Navy, Going Gray, Whisper White
Ink: white craft, basic black, going gray, creamy caramel, Encore silver metallic
Accessories: silver brads, dimensionals, aqua painter

3 comments:

Tracy said...

this is adorable. what a perfect kid card! like how you colored him in, his little A, the use of the brads and metallic ink too.

June Houck said...

Very cute! So did you go to Angela's Happy Stamper? I know she carries A*Muse, but I have yet to get to that not-so-local stamp store.

Erin McKinney said...

Very cute...great boy card...I agree they are hard to make sometimes! I always go for the flowers so I don't have alot to use when I need a boy card!