Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year everyone. I wish you each the best in '08. God Bless!

Today's card is made with a stamp (called Champagne Woman) from American Art Stamp. They have a ton of similar images in this same whimsical style. I like a lot of the ones from their website even better, but this is the one that was at my local stamp store, and she's perfect for today! Gotta love the whimsical style and those long skinny legs!

I stamped her on Shimmery White card stock, then used an aqua painter and ink from the ink pad lid to color in the glass, her body, hair, shoes, and gloves, and the champagne bottle. The dress is colored with VersaMarker, then embossed with a sparkly gold EP.

The scallop was punched out of gold metallic card stock, smooshed onto a VersaMark pad, then embossed with the same sparkly gold EP as her dress. To get the black mat for the scallop, I punched two more scallops from black card stock, then slightly offset them from the gold.

The card background is also shimmery white, which is so hard to capture in a photograph. The dry embossed border comes from a brass template that was a Stampin' Up Level 2 hostess selection many, many catalogs ago. It's long been out of its sleeve, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Sorry!

Supplies:
Stamps: Champagne Woman by American Art Stamps; sentiment by Stampin' Up (one of the All Year Cheer sets)
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, VersaMark, So Saffron, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke, Baroque Burgundy
Paper: Shimmery White, Gold Metallic, Basic Black
Accessories: VersaMarker, gold sparkly EP (source unknown), 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, black brads, scallop punch, circle cutter, paper piercer, gold metallic grosgrain, gold cord, brass template

6 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Happy New Year-this is delightful! came over from June's blog! You're so gooooooooooooood!!!

Pam Speidel said...

This is such a fun and whimsical card ~ just perfect for New Years! I love all the extra sparkle and your layout is fantastic! I just found your blog yesterday and I'm glad I did! :)
Happy New Year! Smiles, Pam

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card and blog, so glad I found you, and will be back often in 2008. What a great way to start of the new year by finding such a wonderful blog.

My Paper World said...

Beautiful card! Happy 2008 xx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Amy, perfect for the new year :)

Congratulations for being picked Guest Designer over at I heart 2 stamp :) Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous work in 2008!

May the new year bring many blessings to you and your family.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous, I love the sparkle and dry embossing!