Friday, November 13, 2009

Penny Black Week - Day 5

Happy Friday, friends! Today I get to help conclude Penny Black week at Stamper's Dream. Also posting today are Tosh and Michelle. And in case you missed anything along the way, here are the rest of the week's links:

Monday - Michelle, Denise , and me
Tuesday - Michelle, Becca , Tosh
Wednesday - Michelle, Laurie, Denise
Thursday - Michelle, Laurie, Silke

The stamp I'm featuring is a wood-mount sentiment stamp called Star Noel, and what a gem it is! I've had a hard time putting it down this week! A zillion different ideas have been swimming in my head and filling my idea and inspiration notebook. I'll share two of them:



First is a decorative treat tin. On a recent grocery trip, I picked up a Gooseberry Patch Christmas 2009 idea book. Among many, many, many other inspiring holiday ideas was a project showing this very tin, dressed and filled with Peppermint Bark. I recognized the tin as one in my stash of alterables, and was so inspired I got busy right away making my own version. Here are a few additional shots:





Stamps: Star Noel (Penny Black)
Paper: Prismatics Simply Smooth white cardstock, 7Gypsies Gypsy Market dp (black stripe pattern)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin Up Real Red
Accessories: mini planter tin (Michael's, I think?), Spellbinders Labels 5 Nestabilites, Kaiser black self-adhesive pearls, SU red ribbon and gusseted cello back, Offray narrow black ribbon, Papertrey button, foam adhesive



~ ~ ~


For this next project, I went with a completely different look:



Some beautiful 7Gypsies Gypsy Market papers, my Ranger Distress Inks, and my distressing tool, and I was good to go. It's not a traditional holiday look, but I thought the papers were kind of "We Three Kings"-ish - earthtones for the dusty, arid terrain the kings traveled across, and fancy, elegant patterns for the opulent gifts they carried. Anybody else with me on that, or am I overthinking again? {grin}

Stamps: Star Noel (Penny Black)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, Prismatics Simply Smooth Ivory, 7Gypsies Gypsy Market dp
Ink: Ranger Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress
Accessories: Labels 5 Nestabilities, Stampin' Up ribbon and brads, May Arts brown burlap string, distressing tool, foam adhesive


In other Stamper's Dream news, check this out - all JustRite Christmas sets are on sale - 20% off!

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

OMG! That tin is just SOOOO cute! The bows in the corners....totally adorable!

Unknown said...

Amy, Amy, Amy. How DO you keep thinking 'em up! These are fabulous....as usual!
Hugs Viv xx

Pamela said...

These are amazing ideas, of course! I wouldn't have expected any thing else. You inspire me daily! Thank you SO much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am!!! You totally rocked that stamp not once, but TWICE! Thanks, my friend, for a job well done! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Amy!!! That tin is so creative and stunning!!!!! What an awesome idea and gorgeous gift idea!!! You sure inspired us with your gorgeous creations using this stamp.

Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Marimer said...

Precioso estos trabajos, el card es una maravilla, super creativo me encanta.
Bss

June Houck said...

Fabulous!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh that candy tin is just stunning Amy! I so love how you've used the nestie shapes, the pops of color and the pretty bows!

Megan said...

These are both FAB-O! Love them. I love how you can make amazing things with serious and fun stamps. You are the best. I try to channel Amy when I stamp, but it doesn't work!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Amy, your tin is so creative and gorgeous!! I love the way that mind of yours works!! And then there's that gorgeous vintage card!! LOVE the rich colors and distressing!! Your creativity knows no bounds!!

Barbara said...

Love them both, Amy!!!! That little tin is just so sweet and the card is gorgeous. And no, you didn't over think it--it's a great interpretation!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Amy these are amazing! Jo x

dpkennedy said...

Wow, I am so loving that tin! Your card is just gorgeous too! Great ideas!

Kathy Jones said...

FANTASTIC Amy!!! Love the colours and ribbons you used with this tin!!! Love how you've taken the same stamp and given it a completely different look with the card - so antique looking!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful projects, Amy! I LOVE the way you turned the label shape to work with the tin!!! WOW!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - the tin is tooo cute and your card is a perfect match!!! Love them both!!! Hugs ~S~

Angel said...

GORGEOUS! Don't you love Gooseberry Patch books? Hope I can find this one you mentioned! Did you add feet to your tin?
HUGS!

Heidi Karpen said...

Such a wonderful little tin! Love all of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, this is amazing!! This would be one incredible gift!!
--Hugs Becca

NikkiM said...

What distressing tool do you use? Thanks so much!