Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ain't Too Proud To Beg



Tomorrow, my husband and I will celebrate our sixteenth wedding anniversary! Poor guy, he doesn't know this, but I have no card for him yet. There's still time, right? As I was thinking about what I might make this year, I remembered this card that I made him last year. It was for the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen gallery, so it never appeared here on my blog, but I can show it now. This is totally my kind of anniversary card. Not too sappy, but sweet and thoughtful just the same, and a little playful, too.

The Dirty Dozen theme was "For A Song," and my musical inspiration was "Ain't Too Proud To Beg." The images, from Anna Wight's Good Dog by Whipper Snapper Designs, were way too perfect, and I have to confess I ordered the stamp set just for this card. Anybody else do that? (I'm certain I'll use the set again - it's way too cute not to!) How fun to look back at my older work and see where my style has changed. Maybe I've simplified, or maybe I was trying too hard for the DD gallery, but this looks overdone to me now. Hope you enjoy it anyway :)


Earlier this week, my blog friend Kathy Jones gave me this award. What a nice surprise! If by chance you're not already familiar with Kathy's elegant, classy style, be sure to pay her a visit at her blog, Inspired to Stamp. Thank you, Kathy, I'm honored!

These are the rules to play along: Pass this award on to 5 people, post on their blog to let them know they won, and then answer the following questions in ONE word:

1. Where is your cell phone? Purse?
2. Your hair? Unruly
3. Your mother? Giving
4. Your father? Intelligent
5. Your favorite food? Chocolate
6. Your dream last night? Odd
7. Your favorite drink? Latte
8. Your dream/goal? Travel
9. What room are you in? Study
10. Your hobby? Papercrafting
11. Your fear? Loss
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren't? Patient
15. Muffins? Poppyseed
16. Wish list item? Silhouette
17. Where did you grow up? Virginia
18. Last thing you did? Blog
19. What are you wearing? Jeans
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your Pets? None
22. Friends? Cherished
23. Your life? Full
24. Your mood? Restless
25. Missing Someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? SUV
27. Something you're not wearing? BRACES!!
28. Your favorite store? Antique
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Unsure
32. Your best friend? Laura
33. One place that I go to over and over? School
34. Facebook? Some
35. Favorite place to eat? Out

Hmmm, the hard part ... passing this on to only five other bloggers when hundreds inspire me so much!

Meahni
Gretchen
Judy
Niki
Jami
... and anyone else who wants to play!

Happy thoughts,





Stamps: Good Dog (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip (SU!); Ivory (Papertrey); Archaic dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky (SU!)
Accessories: loopy brads (Karen Foster Designs); ivory natural twill (source unknown); dark brown twill (Offray); natural hemp, sponges, paper piercer, linen thread, dimensionals (SU!); Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft); Copic markers

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this card!

Angela S. said...

I think this card is so sweet. And I don't think it was overdone. Not all my cards look the same. Some may have all kinds of papers,layers,emblishments,etc..
and some are just plain with not alot on it.
Amy,Happy Annverisary, to the both of you!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Amy this card is sooooo cool!!!!! I bet your hubby absolutely LOVED it!!! What a fabulous use of paper and textures and love how you incorporated the twine and brads --- not to mention all that cutting and colouring!!! FABULOUS!!! I'm sure you will create something just as wonderful for him this year!!! Congratulations on your anniversary and hope you are blessed with a wonderful day!!

Thanks for playing along with the award (and for your lovely comments about my style!) ~ it's so nice to get to know you better!!! :)

Shaun said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this card. It is adorable but masculine enough for a hubby.

Desire Fourie said...

Amy I just love this card you made for your DH last year. It has got so much textures on it and I love the way the string was threaded through the loopy brads. Wishing a wonderful 16th Anniversary tomorrow and may the next 16 be even happier and more fulfilling.
Hugs
Desire

Only By His Grace said...

Happy anniversary for tomorrow Amy.
I adore your card.

Unknown said...

Right Amy, that's IT! I'm taking up knitting! This is out of the park fan flippin' tastic!!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Marimer said...

Felicidades por tu aniversario. Eres genial y devertida, la tarjeta es muy alegre.
Bss.

June Houck said...

I LOVE this card! I have those papers and that CBef...I think I know what to use with my MFT "Who's That Girl" set with the girl walking her dog off the pier :)

Marisa said...

Congrats on your anniversary :D Trusting you'll have a wonderful day celebrating your life together. I remember this card when you posted it in the DD. Love the twine through the brads. Thanks for answering the questions too. Always nice to get to know someone better :D

dpkennedy said...

Wow, gorgeous card! I'm sure you will come up with something fabuluous again this year! Congrats on 16!!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Now look at that! It is stunning, definitely not over done. See what I mean, you get the balance just right. I love this!

Operation Write Home said...

This card is toooo cute!

I check your blog all the time (you're my hero!) but I don't comment all the time - or you'd worry I'm a stalker! But...once again, thanks for inspiring me on a REGULAR basis!

Conniecrafter said...

I don't think it is over done, I bet he appreciated all the time that went into it and it is just to cute, love all the dimension and the lacing is neat!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, Amy, thank you so much for thinking of me! What a huge compliment as I love everything you create! Hope you and your husband had a great anniversary!

Tammy said...

Belated Happy Anniversary ~ last year's card is SO PERFECT....what did you come up with for hubby this year ;-)?