Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honey Do Corkboard



Welcome to the My Favorite Things "Who's That Girl" Hop & Shop. If you've arrived here from Kim's blog, you're in the right place. If not, then jump right in! To catch up, you only have to go back one space, to Kim.

We're excited to announce the return of the popular VIP Bundle! Once again, MFT fans have the chance to get the newest "Who's That Girl" stamp set, plus an assortment of other new products, before they are released. And not just a week early like it used to be. Now it's a whole two weeks early! But remember, the VIP Bundle is available for ONE DAY ONLY (November 18) and quantities are limited.

What are we playing with this month? Maid For WTG? Such a fun set - and perfect for a honey do list project.



Do you have a honey do list for a guy in your life? I sure do! I love this Urban Dictionary example: "Nah, dude. I can't. I've got a honey do list long enough to keep me home for the whole summer and into deer hunting season." I guess mine isn't long enough, because it's all about deer season around here right now!

I started out with an 8x10-inch framed corkboard from my stash of alterables. It looks like something that might have come from the Target $1 spot, but I don't remember for sure. I did the honey do title in chipboard letters, then added a fun twist by surrounding the word "do" with the sentiment "Real men do housework." (By the way, the sentiments in this set are the BEST!) Along the bottom, I added the stamped image and a designer paper and ribbon border. For the image, I paper pieced the chair, popping up the arm for dimension, and the rest is colored with Prismacolor pencils and Copic markers.



That's it for me! I now have the pleasure of sending you over to the mega-talented Barbara Anders! While you're working your way through the hop, I think I'll add some more things to my honey do list and then give this corkboard a special place of prominence somewhere in my home. For after deer season ... of course ;)

Thanks for visiting!

40 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy this is fabulous!!

Kimberly S said...

What a great project! :)

Jody Morrow said...

WOW! So beautiful and SUCH a genius idea!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I literally SWOONED when I saw this Amy -- what a PERFECT project for this set!!!

auntie lisa said...

Wow Amy, what a cool project!! I really love it. I have lots to put on that honey do list the sad part is it keeps getting longer instead of shorter!! Isn't it crazy how the big hunting season takes over your life for 9 days??
Lisa

Melody said...

Amy, you are amazing! I love this, so creative. I love everything about it!

Marimer said...

Super genial!!!!!!!!!, me encanta, el sello es fantástico y la idea, bueno, tan alegre, divertida y creativa, que la he mirado un buen rato. Bss.

Chris said...

that is so stinking cute, I'd love to have that in my house.

Unknown said...

Sheer genius Amy!! I love it!
(It's never work in our house)!LOL
Viv xx

Michele Boyer said...

You, my dear, are a paper-crafting WIZARD! This is brilliant!

Lisa H. said...

awwwww! this rocks. great colors, perfect idea and grea use of this fun new set!

Christina Fischer said...

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

And gorgeous, too!!!! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, this is THE coolest honey-do list I've ever seen!!

Danisha said...

Love it!!! I wonder if my hubby would like one of these! LOL!

Barbara said...

I can't *even* describe how fabulous I think this is! I'm SO gonna CASE this! Over the top cute, Amy!

Jaymerz said...

seriously adorable!! I need one of these.

Unknown said...

Very very cute! Hop Hop Hop

AShu93 said...

Great project, but I think a 8 x 10board isn't big enough for me.

Jen Shults said...

Haha! This is gorgeous and brilliant and perfect. And my husband would soooo kill me, lol. :D

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my, this is AWESOME!!!! You are just so crafty! This is too cute! Love how you thought up the "do" for both title and sentiment! Genius!

Anonymous said...

this is the most adorable thing i have ever seen. my hubby should be happy i don't have one of these. it's so cute, I would come up with projects just to stick them to the board ;)

Teri C said...

Cool project!

Amy Rohl said...

Flip floppin'awesome, Amy!

Megan said...

Amy, this is simply darling!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Did I mention I love it? The title is just brilliant. You are too stinkin' good!!

Dana White said...

Amy this is brilliant I love it - wish my hubby did housework!

Karen Motz said...

Ack!!! I LOVE this!!!

Kelli Hull said...

OH!!! I LOOOOVE this.... Totally cute... perhaps for DS's dorm room....

on a side note... WTGuy has a cute lil hiney.... hmmm, :)~

June Houck said...

This is fantastic! I just saw little glimpses of this early this morning at MFT. You are so awesome, girl :)

stampqueen said...

Like Totally Awsome!!!! Love it!!!

Michele said...

This is just wonderful! I love how you layered the tittle!
you are so talented!

Karen said...

I love it! Where do I order one?

Tanya said...

This would never work here, lol. but oh my this is too cute! love it! :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

Fabulous! I love how the 'do' works for the title and the phrase beneath it you clever girl you! My guy could use this too but I'm sure he'd just eventually grow to ignore it!

Julie said...

Wow Amy, this is just gorgeous! I love everything about it!

Kathie McGuire said...

Oh Amy! That's just wonderful! (like everything that you do). Gush. I'm such a fan!! TFS, Kathie McGuire

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely AMAZING, Amy!!!

Angela S. said...

Amy, I just love this Honey DO list corkboard!! It's just the cutest thing.. Maybe this is what I need to remind my husband of the thing he needs to do!! He forgets everything he needs to do and I am constantly having to remind him!!
What a fab job you did on this!
Angela

Conniecrafter said...

such a neat project and a bit more fun than the one I have on my fridge!

dpkennedy said...

This is freakin' awesome! I have just the spot to hang this too!! I love your idea, and it's just gorgeous!

Kathlene said...

Very cute idea! Love it!