Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas SFYTT


If you're looking for the Verve blog hop, go HERE.
For more of my Verve projects, go HERE.


Even though I've been making Christmas cards since the end of August, the Christmas season didn't really begin until yesterday. I listened to Christmas music for the first time this year while my family headed back home from a wonderful Thanksgiving visit with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Now it's time to pull out all the holiday decorations. I'm feeling inspired to go all out this year! We'll see what "all out" actually looks like by Christmas Eve. Time has a way of getting away from me ;)

Case in point, here it is Saturday afternoon, and I'm just getting around to posting my sample for today's Sketch For You To Try. Sorry about that! To see the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Amy White's sample, visit i{heart}2stamp. And then for more inspiration, visit the rest of the SFYTT sisters: Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, Leigh O'Brien, and Susan Liles. We'd love to have you play along, too. Upload your creation to Jen's post and remember to use keyword SFYTT in the online galleries.

As soon as I saw the two squares in the sketch, I knew I wanted to play with JustRite's new Square Decorative Frames - LOVE these!! I used two sizes of square Nestabilities to cut the stamped images into true frames. I switched the accent on the sketch to be my focal point - the large snowflake and sentiment in the center. For that, I painted a Bazzill chipboard snowflake with ivory acrylic paint, then coated it with clear glitter. The sentiment is from JustRite's A Merry Little Christmas set and is cut with a Spellbinders scalloped circle die and sponged with Soft Sky ink.

Here's a close-up where you can see the glitter better. SO sparkly in real life!



In case you haven't seen the great news, Stamper's Dream is having a Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale! Among many other things, all the JustRite Christmas stamps (including the A Merry Little Christmas set that I used today) are on sale for 30% off! And then, all next week, Stamper's Dream will host a brand-new JustRite Week featuring all the new sets JustRite recently released (including the awesome square frames in today's card). Tune in Monday through Friday as the Dream Team struts its stuff ;) Michelle always posts the full schedule on her blog, so that's a great place to start on Monday. (I'll be posting projects on Tuesday and Friday.)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're enjoying a fabulous weekend!



Stamps: A Merry Little Christmas, 2" Square Decorative Frames (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream, Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly 6x6 pad
Ink: Stampin' Up white craft, Chocolate Chip craft, and Soft Sky classic
Accessories: Bazzill chipboard snowflake, clear glitter, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Kaiser Bliss adhesive pearls, Spellbinders square, scalloped circle, and Labels 1 Nestabilities, Stampin' Up ribbon, EK Success dotted wave border punch, clear embossing powder, foam adhesive


33comments:
Marisa said...Fun card, Amy :D Love the snowflakes and the colour combo is great. Wonderful layers too.
November 28, 2009 3:34 PM

jan said...Pretty colors on your snowflake!
November 28, 2009 3:47 PM

maiahs_momma said...Gorgeous card :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
November 28, 2009 4:45 PM

foxyenglishcrafter said...I love your card and projects. Love the snowflake on the card. Thanks for sharing the card and post. Will start your christmas season with a Merry Christmas.

Happy crafting!
November 28, 2009 6:01 PM

pescbricosaid...I never get enough of your cards and style! I love them all :) Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
November 28, 2009 8:22 PM

Radhasaid...Awesome card... Love it!
November 28, 2009 8:46 PM

Amysaid...This one was worth the wait, Amy! Love, love, love that sparkly snowflake, and it pops against the red and chocolate--yum, yum!
November 28, 2009 9:39 PM

Cindy Haffnersaid...Amy your work is always so inspiring. Wonderful job.
November 28, 2009 11:22 PM

Julie Marshallsaid...So, so pretty! Love the snowflake and the color combo. TFS!
November 28, 2009 11:37 PM

Denise Youngsaid...Beautiful, love your colors and the softness of your papers. I decorated today I'm not going "all out" this year. Good luck on your decorating.
November 28, 2009 11:43 PM

Jackie Pedrosaid...Wowee!! This is one beautiful card, Amy!!!
November 29, 2009 12:42 AM

Only by His Gracesaid...Beautiful Amy. Love those snowflakes.
Hugs marion November 29, 2009 2:12 AM

Allisonsaid...Beautiful! Love the colours and sparkle!
November 29, 2009 4:04 AM

Vivsaid...How DO you do it, time after time, after time Amy!! I'm going to get lock-jaw at this rate, looking at your fabulous cards! LOL
Hugs Viv xx
November 29, 2009 5:08 AM

mochamamasaid...Beautiful card Amy, I really like the colors you went with.
November 29, 2009 6:14 AM

Leigh OBriensaid...This card is just gorgeous, Amy! Everything about it yells "WOW"!
November 29, 2009 9:52 AM

Lorettasaid...Love the snowflakes...and...this is becoming one of my favorite color combos.
November 29, 2009 10:36 AM

Kelly Luncefordsaid...This is so beautiful! I love the colors! Great little details oozing everywhere! Absolutely gorgeous! November 29, 2009 8:14 PM

Heather P.said...*sigh* I wish I could layer like you! What an unbelievably ~gorgeous~ card, Amy!!!
November 29, 2009 8:27 PM

KathyJ (Wattle)said...WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS Amy!!!! LOVE how you used the JR stamps for the square BGs!!! Love the snowflakes too!!
November 30, 2009 6:18 AM

Denise (peanutbee)said...Totally gorgeous!! So many amazing details. TFS the detail shot, too. :)
November 30, 2009 7:42 AM

Silke Ledlowsaid...Fantastic looking card - Amy!!! I actually love everything you create :)!!! Hugs ~S~
November 30, 2009 8:37 AM

Dawn Eastonsaid...Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love that vintage looking snowflake!!
November 30, 2009 9:02 AM

Michellesaid...How in the heck did I miss this post? Girl, this is GORGEOUS!!!
November 30, 2009 9:04 AM

Meahnisaid...Hi Denise, I don't know how you manage to get so much detail on your cards, it is just fabulous! Love them all!
November 30, 2009 1:20 PM

Meahnisaid...Sorry I meant Amy, I need a holiday, lol! Sorry about that...
November 30, 2009 1:22 PM

PixieVonAziasaid...This card is BEAUTIFUL!
December 3, 2009 3:42 PM



No comments: