Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday Girl



Shame on me! My darling little {new} 6-year-old ever so sweetly and gently reminded me that I hadn't yet made her birthday card, as I had promised way back at the beginning of the month. It's just like the cobbler's kids having no shoes :)

My Balloon from the new Pure Innocence line by My Favorite Things was perfect for her card. (No surprise, those darling Pure Innocence images have sold like hotcakes. Two are still in stock, including this one, and those that are out of stock will be back soon!) I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the image a second time, and popped up part of it to add some dimension. Okay, who am I kidding? I stamped the second image because I needed a do-over on her face, but I didn't want to color the whole thing again and sponge the background again :) While I was attaching the popped up layer, I thought it would be cute to add a little hand-drawn ruffle at the bottom. The layout is this week's Sketch For You To Try.




Stamps: Pure Innocence - My Balloon (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Stampin' Up Dusty Durango, My Mind's Eye Be-Loved dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Sage Shadow
Accessories: Copic markers, clear glitter, SU ribbon, Papertrey button, May Arts ivory burlap string, dimensionals, EK Success border punch

23 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Aaah, this is such a cute and girly little birthday card. Glad you were reminded!
Hugs
Desire

Renée said...

this is such a SWEET image!! Love the card, Amy, and I'm sure your daughter did too!

Angela S. said...

This is so sweet!! Don't you hate it when the card is almost done and you messed something up? Amy, I have done the same thing or added and emblishment to cover a mistake. If you look at my last post I forgot to color her eyes and the bottons on her coat. At least I cought it before I gave it to someone! Right??

Jody Morrow said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! :)

Denise Young said...

beautiful as ever! Lovely little card. TFS. Have a wonderful Monday.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I love that little ruffle! Your little girl will love it!

auntie lisa said...

What a sweet card for your patient little sweetie. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has those flob ups! Hahaha. How creative the ruffle adds just the right touch and I love the dp you used. Just cute!
Lisa

Danni said...

Total cuteness!!

Melody said...

She is super cute! I love how you added the ruffle.

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet Amy! I love that darling image.

Jenn said...

Adorable card! I love the popped up image!! And the colors are fabulous!! Love it!!

Lisa Foster said...

What a sweet card! I Love it! That is such a cutie pie image too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Only By His Grace said...

A very sweet card Amy,
your daughter is going to love it.
Hugs Marion

Dotty Jo said...

Why do I always gasp when I see your cards???? Must be because they are always so beautiful! Amy, this is wonderful. I love that little image and your colours are fabulous. Great work with that pretty bow. I love all of your wonderful cards, but this sweet little one has got to be one of my favourites, Jo x

Jessica Diedrich said...

She is SO sweet, my goodness. LOVE her and love the color combo. This is just beautiful, Amy!

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

This card is so Yummy-licious!! I love it and want it.... : ) Your coloring is SO perfecto!! I am bowing to your greatness at this very moment. I don't post comments as often as I should but I just HAD to tell you about this one.

Hugs
Julie

Marisa said...

Darling image and I love that flower DP. Great colours and I love the added ruffle :D

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness this is so sweet! I love the colors and the way you popped this cute little girl image!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!! love that sketch, gonna have to try it!

dpkennedy said...

LOL! Awesome "do over"! Those PI images are so sweet and I love your layout and colors! Adorable card!!

Anonymous said...

Oh.my.how.adorable!!!
--Hugs Becca

Kathlene said...

I'm just continually blown away by your talent, Amy! I'm looking at this card and thinking I would never think of using red and green (except Christmas of course) but this is perfect. I love the image and went to check it out, but it's a bit pricey for my budget this month. TFS!

Angel said...

Adorable!