Monday, July 14, 2008

Preppy Cupcakes



Some of the stuff I'm going to show you while I'm AFS (away from stamps) is from back in January, when I was Jen's guest designer at i{heart}2stamp. They were posted there in January, but I haven't posted them here. This first one uses one of the very first My Favorite Things set I acquired - Icing on the Cake. (There are LOTS of MFT siblings keeping it company these days!)

The cupcake is teeny!! I stamped six of them on watercolor paper to create the cupcake pyramid, then watercolored with an aqua painter and reinker, and trimmed, leaving a thin outline of the white around the edges. The image cluster is mounted on dimensionals over a layered circle that I cut with various circle cutting systems, including a scalloped circle Nestability. For some sparkle, I coated the cherries with Crystal Effects, dotted the cupcakes with Stickles, and colored over the cupcake bottoms with a Stardust Gelly Roll pen. I also added a bead of shimmer to the thin black circle mat with the Stardust Gelly Roll pen. The starbursts on the Celery background and the pink panel are done with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I did the piercing free-hand. I could definitely use one of those circle piercing templates. The word celebrate is also heat embossed with black embossing powder.

It's so funny to look back and see how you've changed in only six short months. One thing I would definitely do differently on this card: take a better photograph! Which I would have done before posting it today, except that I can't find this card. Which means I have sent it, sold it, or given it away. Which is a good thing.

Have a fantastic day!



Stamps: Icing on the Cake (My Favorite Things); Celebrate Today? (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU!); watercolor paper (Canson)
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, VersaMark, Basic Black
Accessories: crystal effects, Stardust Stickles, aqua painter and reinkers, Stardust Gelly Roll pen, circle cutters, scalloped circle Nestability, paper piercer, dimensionals, black brads, corner rounder, white gel pen, black embossing powder

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I think the card is fabulous Amy! I remember you being GD on Jen's blog...hehe! Hope you are having fun while you are AFS ;) See you soon!

jjcreations said...

Great card. I love the black accents. Joan

Anonymous said...

I love those colors! Great card Amy! I wanted to let you know that I have chosen you to play in the next round of tag! It's completely optional though and no pressure!!! I really love your blog and especially look forward to your ODB designs!!

Michelle said...

Oh, this is GORGEOUS!! Love the colors, & I think the picture is great!!! I can't remember if I asked you ~~ do you mind if I link your blog to mine?? I'm trying to keep my blog list short & sweet, just the blogs I actually read, & yours is one of my favorites!!! I just love your style :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute, isn't if fun looking back....ACK!!!