Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's All About Susan




Did you see who's the SCS Featured Stamper this week? The amazing Susan Liles (susiestampalot on SCS), fellow SFYTT sampler and Verve Diva! Congrats, Susan!!! Of course I had to play. I chose to CASE her stinkin' cute Oh Fudge card. Usually when I do the Featured Stamper challenges, I CASE the layout and change the stamps, colors and embellishments. This time I CASEd the stamps and the teetering ice cream scoop idea, but changed the layout to this week's SCS Sketch Challenge. The ice cream scoops are all colored over with a clear Spica. You can kinda, sorta see it here, but it's much more sparkly in real life:




Susan will also be hosting a challenge over in the Verve Forum today. Have I mentioned that we're doing a "Get to Know the Verve Divas" series? Each Thursday, one of the Verve divas comes up with a challenge for the week (freebies to a random participant, of course), and spends the week answering questions in the forum. Wanna get to know Susan a little better? Head on over :)

While I'm on the subject of Verve, remember to check out the current Project Parade on the Verve blog. Our theme this time is ATCs, and we want you to play along (more freebies to a random winner), so be sure to check out all the details right here.

Happy Thursday!

Stamps: Here's the Scoop (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Certainly Celery card stock (SU!), Stamper's Select White (Papertrey), Urban Rhapsody dp (K&Co)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Cool Carribean classic pad (SU!), Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink markers
Accessories: small oval punch, paper piercer, black journaling marker (SU!); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); ribbon (Fancy Pants)

15 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Amy,
Darling card and case! LOVE the fun design and SWEET images.

Great stuff,
Jennifer :)

Missy said...

Now this is just the cutest thing. I love the idea of the falling ice cream. That would be a regular occurance in my house should my boys be allowed those many scoops hehehe. TFS!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is adorable, Amy! Love it!!

Melissa said...

Oh my! So dang cute!

Many Blessings,
M.

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is too cute! I love those colors! Fantastic job!

Unknown said...

Super cute....love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Looooove the tilting ice cream cones and that you added the spica pen. Sooo cute!

Jackie Pedro said...

LOOOOOOOVVVEE!! So stinkin' cute and great CASE. I have Susan's original in my fave's!!

Dawn Easton said...

Love what you did with this CASE! Saw that ice cream tipping and thought it was adorable! Fabulous job!

Angel said...

How cute! LOVE your colors!

Carol said...

Adorable! I love the falling scoops and combination of DP!

Alex said...

This is darling Amy - I just love how cute this is!!! Great ice cream scoops, such a cute stamp set!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Conniecrafter said...

Really like how the ric rac is framing the image, cute sentiment too!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable! Love the multi-colored ice cream and the rickrack bow!

Cindy