Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Cross Card



Before I get to today's card info, I wanted to give a few shout-outs. First, my congratulations go to Dawn Easton, one of the newly named Splitcoast Dirty Dozen. Dawn is one of my favorite bloggers and a fellow Our Creative Corner designer. I'm so happy to see her receive this well-deserved honor!! Woo hoo Dawn!!

Second, congratulations to two Our Daily Bread Designs girls: Kim Teasdale (blondie090277 on SCS) has joined as a permanent design team member. What rock have I been under not to have known Kim's work before? Oh my!! It should be illegal for one person to have this much talent!! Seriously, every single thing she makes is over-the-top WOW! Judy Rozema (StampingQueenJAR) has joined us as July's guest designer. Judy's gallery and blog are part of my "daily dose" because of her consistently amazing creations. She's a frequent participant in the daily SCS challenges, and I always look forward to seeing her challenge contributions. Love her stuff!! Congrats, Kim and Judy, and welcome to the ODB family. [The links are fixed now - thanks Cheryl (mochamama)!]

Now, on to today's card, a second look at the Cross of Christ set from Our Daily Bread Designs. Yesterday I used the smallest of the three crosses. Today you're seeing the middle size. I've also used some fun papers you can find in the Our Daily Bread Designs store. First is the foiled vellum (made by True Faith) that you see on the four background squares. Second is the metallic card stock. (I think it might be made by Prism, but I'll have to check on that to be sure.) It comes in five colors: the traditional silver, gold, and copper, of course, but then there are two of the most amazing shades of bronze, "bronze" (my fave) and "bronze ore" (second fave). These two shades are completely new to me, and I love them so much I immediately went into "horde mode" until I can order some more!

The cross is stamped in VersaMark, then heat embossed with a gold embossing powder. I don't know who manufactures this particular gold EP, but I love how it has flecks of glitter mixed in for extra sparkle. The scalloped ovals are cut with Nestabilities, then I dotted gold Stickles onto the scallops. There is a dew drop in the center of the cross. Metallic grosgrain is wrapped around the card base on the diagonal, like wrapping a package, and tied into a bow. A second bow of gold cord is tied onto the gold grosgrain bow. The gold brads in the corners of the four background squares are backed with 1/4" gold metallic circles.

I am totally addicted now to decorating my card insides (thank you Denise!!). A smaller square of ivory, matted in gold, is centered on the inside panel, and the smallest cross stamped and gold embossed in the lower left corner.

Many of the layers are raised up on dimensionals. Here's a detail shot:



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamps: Cross of Christ (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Gold Metallic card stock (Prism?), foiled white vellum (True Faith), Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: gold embossing powder (source unknown), Dew Drop (Robin's Nest), gold stickles (Ranger), scalloped oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gold brads, 1/4" circle punch, metallic gold grosgrain, gold cord (SU!)

19 comments:

June Houck said...

This card is beyong gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Amy this card is abso beautiful!!!!! The two guests designers have the same link. When I click on their names they both go to Joy In A Jar???

Angel said...

WOW! LOVE this one too, Amy! You can do some pretty amazing things with ribbon too. I need lessons! :-)I mostly knot. LOL

Anonymous said...

Do you know that sound when somebody really sucks there breath in! Well, I just made that sound and almost passed out!!

This is just so totally awesome!! Everything about it is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love all the layers and details.

p.s. I nominated you for an award on my blog. Check it out when you get a chance.

Linda Carson said...

Love it, love it!!

Janette said...

holy cow!!!! this is absolutely fabulous and I think may be one of my favorites from you.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, girl, you're awesome! Look at that awesome ribbon treatment, and the gold on the four squares is just so eye catching. You da WOMAN!

nancy said...

This just goes way beyond gorgeous! You've got some borderline illegal talent there yourself, lol! Fantastic job with this set!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Gorgeous! I love it so much! :D

((hugs))

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this card is simple gorgeous...oh my word! I love all the details...you have such an eye for detail!

thanks for the sweet comments too :)

Renée said...

This is stunning, Amy! LOVE the gold and all the embellishments!!

Judy Rozema said...

Amy, this is just beautiful -- what a gorgeous elegant work of art! Your work continues to wow me every day!

And thank you for the lovely comments and link!!

Feenie said...

WOW! This is so beautiful, Amy! Awesome card.

Julia Aston said...

Love all the gold on this - the brads and cording - wonderful layers - beautiful!

Mary R said...

You make the most BEAUTIFUL cards! I love it when I receive your updates. Question...what are Nestabilities? I see you have layers but I don't know what nestabilities are.

Thanks,

Mary from Minnesota

Kim Teasdale said...

Awe, thanks Amy for such kind words about me! I'll let you in on a little secret...your one of my stamping hero's and I wanna be just like you when I grow up ;) lol

Our Daily Bread Designs and Design Team are wonderful to work with, and why wouldn't it be? Such amazing stampers and fun stamps!!!

I look forward to seeing what you do everyday!

Kim

Dawnie said...

Amy, you have outdone yourself - this is so breathtakingly beautiful words fail me! Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely, great layering of the cross and the background squares are perfect for this!