Monday, July 7, 2008

Delight

I have a couple more samples from the most recent Verve Stamps release that I haven't shown here yet. This first card uses a stamp from Verve's new Plain Janes line. Plain Janes are single stamps at a super affordable price. The first in the series is Psalm 37:4. Isn't the type treatment on this gorgeous?! And the price is only $3.00!! That's less than a gallon of gas these days, and you'll get a lot more mileage for your bucks, too!

I used some scraps of a designer paper by Wild Asparagus for the background. The light brown panel is dry embossed with the Textile Cuttlebug folder and embellished with some blue and taupe satin ribbons. For the focal panel, I started by stamping SU's Linen background stamp in Chocolate Chip (I stamped off once first for a lighter image) to give the panel a fabric look. The sentmient was stamped "full-strength" in Chocolate Chip. I dotted the four corners with Liquid Pearls and matted the panel with a scalloped blue square that I cut with Nestabilities. (I also dotted the scallops along the bottom of the card with Liquid Pearls.) Super quick and easy!

I've been having lots of fun with the long tall cards, can you tell? This next card uses the sentiment "You are not alone" from Verve's Here For You set. I love the thought of this sentiment used in a religious way. (Reminds me of the beautiful Meredith Andrews song "You're Not Alone.") I strung a cross charm on a short length of silver cord and adhered to a Blush Blossom oval. All the ovals are cut with Nestabilities. I added a clear adhesive crystal to the center of the charm, as well as on each scallop. Dry embossing again is done with the Textile Cuttlebug folder. This time, I lightly sponged on some Blush Blossom ink after dry embossing just to bring out the relief a bit more. The scalloped panels, taffeta ribbon, and sentiment are all in Basic Gray.

Have a wonderful Monday, and thanks so much for stopping by!

23 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Amy, these cards are stunning! Love the cross charm on the second card. Such a beautiful detail.

Sew Club said...

These are both so beautiful! Awesome job!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh Wow, Amy, these are breathtaking! Love the DP and the layered ribbon treatment on the first one. That cross and cord on the second is gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

These are both beautiful Amy ~~ love that charm on the second card!

Missy said...

I love both of these cards. So elegant. You did a beautiful job with the second card. That would be a very nice card to give for sympathy. Great with both I love them.

Becky Carafa said...

Amy, these are both gorgeous! Love the fonts, too, and your details are as always perfect!

June Houck said...

BREATH TAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous, love your cards.

Denise G said...

These cards are beautiful. I just love them.
Denise G

Bonnie said...

These are both just GORGEOUS!!! I can never figure out how to use that embossing folder but these are perfect!!

Jennifer said...

Both of these cards are just fabulous, but the first one is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards - Amy!!! I just bought the Plain Jane Stamp too and I can't wait to use it!!!

Anonymous said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous cards Amy!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, these are both absolutely elegant!! LOVE them!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word Amy...these are both gorgeous cards!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! I love this new Plain Jane stamp.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. The cross idea would be great to give as a gift for a communion or something. Love it!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Both of these cards are stunningly beautiful! I love the texture of the embossing on both as well as all the elements.

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful. I KNEW I should have gotten that Plain Jane stamp--it really is a nice verse! You've done a wonderful job with all the details, as usual!
LeAnne

Conniecrafter said...

Just Love these tall cards, the paper and embossing combo in the first is so pretty, love the layering of ovals in the second and the pretty charm!

trudelmj said...

I really like your artwork, Amy. Thank You for sharing!

Angel said...

Both of these are just beautiful! Have fun on vacation, Amy!!!