Saturday, July 12, 2008

Double Play



Sorry for the tired cliche of a title! Today's card combines both Jen's Sketch for You to Try and Our Creative Corner's new challenge, an inspiration challenge (more on that in a minute).

Check out i{heart}2stamp for Jen's rockin' sketch for this week, Jen's sample, and guest designer Jessie Rone's sample. And be sure to give a warm welcome to Amy Rohl, who joins the sketch team this week!! Woo hoo!! How lucky are we??? Hop on over to Amy's blog, Carole's blog, Shannan's blog, and Susan's blog for even more sketch inspiration!

The creamy ivory and saffron color combo today comes from this gorgeous dining room:



which, you guessed it, is the inspiration piece for today's Our Creative Corner Challenge. Head over there for all the details on how to play and to link up your creation once you've played. You'll also find all the samples from the OCC girls there: Cindy Haffner, Dawn Easton, Denise Marzec, Jennifer Meyer, Laurie Schmidlin, and Lynda Benden. If you played last week, remember to check to see if you're the winner of our Mothers & Daughters Creations gift certificate!

Hopefully, by the time this posts (if I've scheduled it properly), my family and I will be well on our way to North Myrtle Beach, SC. I've actually found a handful of "oldies" to post while I'm gone, as well as a new Our Daily Bread Designs project, so I won't be as scarce next week as I thought. I'll still miss my stamps and this little ol' blog while I'm away, you know?

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Embrace Life, One of a Kind
Paper: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, So Saffron prints
Ink: So Saffron
Accessories: So Saffron brads, Cream grosgrain ribbon, stamping sponges, sewing machine and ivory thread, classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
All supplies by Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.

21 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love this layout, and the white scallops and stripes are such great elements from the inspiration piece. Gorgeous, Amy!!

pescbrico said...

The look of this card is very soft and lovely! :) Have a wonderful day!

Dawn Easton said...

Stunning card Amy! What a fun layout too! Enjoy your trip with the family!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Beautiful, Amy! Have fun at the beach with the fam!

Libby Hickson said...

Another gorgeous card!

Amy Rohl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The colors are so serene, and your interpretation is just perfectly stunning!

Michelle Tech said...

Beautiful card! Have a great vacation.

trudelmj said...

Oh wow! So beautiful!

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE your card and gorgeous design Amy. Have a wonderful vacation, Jennifer :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Wow, Amy this is just stunning!! Your stitching is perfect!

Jenn said...

Fabulous card Amy! You did a great job on both challenges!!! I also love the stitching! Have fun on your trip! :D

Doris said...

Once again, classic and simple are the best! Just LOVE this card!

Cindy Haffner said...

It's gorgeous, I love that sketch, I'm going to have to try that.

Alex said...

This is gorgeous Amy - popped over from Dawn's blog and just love this card you made!! Beautiful! I will be back often now that I have found you! Have fun on your vacation although I always miss my blog to - LOL!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely fabulous card Amy!! Great job on both challenges and I hope you have a fabulous vacation!!

Nancy Riley said...

What a way to combine the challenges, Amy! This card is first class ... just like all your artwork! GREAT job!

Lynda Benden said...

Awesome card Amy! I love the layout and all the little details you included on this! It is just fantastic!

Amy said...

Beautiful card! Have a fun and safe trip!

Maren said...

OMG- this is SO SO sweet!! Love it!

jjcreations said...

This is a very beautiful card. Soft and stunning. Joan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my this is just Beautiful, love the dimension and color!