Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just A Note



What's your most under-loved Stampin' Up set? The one you just had to have, but have barely used? For me, it has to be Frames With A Flourish. Here I've paired one of the frames with two stamps from Verve's Asian Flair to make the "Just a Note" label. The yellow diamond panel is stamped in VersaMark ink with the flourish from Baroque Motifs, then embossed in white. The color combo comes from this week's SCS Color Challenge. All the white dotting is done with a white gel pen.

Just a quick note -- I'm leaving Saturday morning for a family vacation. I've got a few things scheduled to post automatically while I'm away, but if I'm a little scarce next week, you'll know why. We're headed to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with my parents, my brother and his family, and my sister and her boyfriend. Should be lots of fun! Anyone know of any stamp/scrap stores in that area, or even along the Virginia/North Carolina I-95 corridor? I'm sure my family will be thrilled to go stamp shopping with me ;)

See you again on Saturday with a fun NEW Our Creative Corner challenge and a VERY cool Sketch for You To Try from Jen!



Stamps: Baroque Motifs and Frames With A Flourish (Stampin' Up); Asian Flair (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white textured card stock (Bazzill); Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, White craft (SU!)
Accessories: Three for You punch, white gel pen, paper piercer, wide Chocolate grosgrain ribbon
Size: 4" square

24 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This card is fab, Amy! Love the layout! The Just a Note stamp looks great in the frame!!

Have a great vacation!!

Marilyn said...

So glad you're getting a vacation - enjoy the sun!! Love this card - I do it all the time -gotta have a stamp set and then when I get it, it doesn't inspire me like I thought it would!!

Michelle Tech said...

Beautiful colors and layout! Have a great vacation!

Patti Gingrich said...

I have really been enjoying visiting your blog Amy. Your design work is lovely...a visual treat! Thank you for the inspiration! I've left a little something for you on my blog. You can pick it up here: www.pureinkspiration.blogspot.com. Enjoy your day! ~Patti

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Amy! I eyed that set for sometime but never ordered it. Love what you did!
Enjoy your family vacation!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Aren't you just the most clever thing ever, Pickler? It's a good thing I have such a generous heart, because otherwise I might have to not like you because every single thing you create makes me slap my forehead and say "Why can't I think of stuff like that?!?!" You da bomb!

Jenn said...

Great card!!! I love the color combo and the piercing!!! You did a fab job! :D

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy,
Darling note card and design! LOVE the pretty colors and embossing.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Regan said...

oh this card is just amazing

jjcreations said...

Very pretty card. I love how that textured white looks...it's awesome. Joan

Donna Baker said...

fabulous card! love the layout & colors

Libby Hickson said...

This is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hope this isn't a double post! I just LOVE this card. The textures are great - the embossing and the CS itself. I love the paper piercing and all of the little dots and that flower is perfect. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! have fun at the beach...thats near where we go. don't know of any stores near I-95 unless you wnt to come east to Winston-Salem...we have some good ones! (3 hours off track...just kidding) My friend Heather did say she found a coolstore in Myrtle last summer with great prices...it was in the phone book I think?? have fun! Sorry I'm not a lot of help :(

Shirley said...

Go to this site to find stamp stores: www.rubberstampinglinks.com/rubber-stamps-stores-main.html

Whenever we go on a trip, I always look up the possible stamp stores at the site or on the way. Hope this info helps.

Your card is gorgeous.
Shirley L.
shirlee@surewest.net

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is beautiful Amy, have fun on your trip, hope you find a stamp shop or two.

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is another fantastic card made by you! Where do you get all your fantastic ideas from? Always something new.
I hope that you´ll have a wonderful vacation and I hope you´ll find some fun shopping along the way;=D!!
Take care
/Gunilla

Shy said...

Love the card! Enjoy the time away and your family. :)

Unknown said...

I love this! So pretty!

I gave you a shout out over at Card of the Week.com.

You can check out the original post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/07/card-of-the-w-3.html

If you would like an "I was featured on" button for your blog, email me at barefootstamper@gmail.com and I'll get you the code.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

Anonymous said...

Another FABULOUS card -- love the texture, love the colors, love the stamps! Terrific!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! Love your colors and layout!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card. Love the layout and colors. The texture shows up really well.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super gorgeous card, have a great time again!!

Anonymous said...

What an elegant, beautiful design!

Cindy