Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dare to Get Dirty 2008



I love, love, love textured card stock! I really believe certain projects can be transformed just by switching from smooth to textured. I find this to be true especially with white. For this card I started with a textured white card base. The middle panel that's embossed with Swiss Dots is Stampin' Up's Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment on textured card stock just to see how it would turn out, and really liked the effect. It looks sort of like cross-stitch.

I created a lot of extra dimension on this card by using some thicker Pop-Dots (mine came from Wal-Mart [a LONG time ago ... I refuse to shop there now ... don't get me started {grin}]) instead of the Stampin' Up dimensionals I usually use. The Pop-Dots are much sturdier than trying to stack dimensionals. For the flower centers, I used those same little gum drop baubles that I gushed over on Monday (they're called Princess Pops by SillySkittles, and I get mine from Pez-A-Doodle Designs). I have no idea who makes the ribbon - sorry - but I LOVE it! I have it stored on a skinny wooden spool, so my bow had that nice curl without me doing anything special to it at all. Gotta love that.

I made this card for one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges that are happening over on Splitcoast this week. Each day, a few past and present Dirty Dozen designers host challenges for the Fan Club members to participate in. Read all about it here! I can't give you the details of the challenge (you'll have to go to Splitcoast for all the 411), but I can tell you it is being hosted by Jody Morrow (aka texasjodylynn on SCS), and would you believe (wink, wink), it has to do with ribbon?







Stamps: All Holidays (Stampin' Up!); Simply Said (the flower on the inside of the card)
Paper: White textured card stock (Bazzill); Whisper White and Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Basic Black and Real Red (I inked with markers, by the way)
Accessories: striped ribbon (source unknown); paper flowers (Prima), Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft), Princess Pops (available from Pez-A-Doodle Designs), Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger), paper piercer and corner rounder (Stampin' Up!)

20 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Just beautiful - I love the ribbon and the flowers!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ribbon!!! I wish you knew where you got it! ;) The card is gorgeous - love the lo and the colors. Those swiss dots are perfect!

Pat said...

Love this card! It uses my favorite color combo...red, black and white. TFS!

Bunny B said...

I love this card! It's beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out girl...the inside of that card looks as good as the outside! Love that look!

I'm having fun with textured cardstock lately too! Your layers are fabulous on this card and your ribbon....YUMMY!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is a WOW!! Love the textured white with the white swiss dots...Most excellent card, Amy!!

Melissa said...

Oh Amy! This is absolutely stunning!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the ribbon and gorgeous design. You got my WOW, Jennifer :)

Julia Aston said...

This is just a wonderful card Amy! love the long tails on the ribbons - piercing and embossing - great design!

Kathy said...

All of your cards are just gorgeous. I left you an award on my blog since you're such a wonderful source of inspiration. Come on over to receive it if you'd like.

Stephanie Hargis said...

Amazing Amy! I love it...both the inside and the outside! :D The colors are fantastic and I love all of the detail. What amazes me is how you can make such a fresh, clean looking card and still use all of the embellishments and techniques that you do! Wonderful job!

((hugs))

Sandra Smart said...

very pretty card Amy, love the layout!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, this is just gorgeous girl!!

Diane Gilbert said...

BEAUTIFUL card Amy! I agree, the textured paper adds so much to a card!

By the way I nominated you for an award, check my blog for the details.
~Diane

Denise Marzec said...

I love this layout with all the texture and that scalloped edge. The colors rock too!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - love all that white and the ribbon is the perfect touch!!

lalalla said...

wonderful card! I hope one day I will recieve such from my friend:)

Amy said...

Another GORGEOUS card! I just can't tell you how awesome your work is. I always look forward to seeing your new creations!

America said...

Amy, Im a super huge FAN of yours. I so LOVE your classy designs and superb talent for colors. Find myself looking forward to your next design everytime! :)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your cards...especially this one! I used it as inspiration for one of mine, I hope you don't mind! I provided a link to your card on my blog and on SCS. Thank you for the inspiration, you've got amazing talent!