Thursday, July 17, 2008

Clearly Beautiful



Baroque Motifs is as beautiful to me today as it was the day I first saw it! For this card, I stamped the flourish in White Staz-On onto a piece of acetate. The card base is gold metallic card stock. I created the trio of medallions with a combination of one of the Baroqe Motifs images, along with punched cardstock flowers done with the Spring Bouquet punch, and a vellum flower punched with the Three for You punch. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

[Update: Doris asked if the acetate is only for the card front, and if so, how I attached it. Yes, the acetate is just for the card front. I don't have the actual card in front of me, but let's say the card is 5 1/2" square. Then the acetate is also 5 1/2" square. The metallic gold card base is roughly 7" wide by 5 1/2" high. I scored at 5 1/2" and folded the extra 1 1/2" to wrap around the acetate. As for adhering ... see the strip of white scallops that runs behind the part of the card base that wraps around to the front? I think I ran that through a Xyron so that the adhesive would be on the back, then adhered it to the acetate square. Then a generous combination of sticky strip and monoadhesive holds the ivory scalloped strip to the folded over portion of the gold card base. I sure hope this makes sense. (This is why I don't write tutorials ... I never feel like I'm very good at explaining in words!)]

I'm not sure about these acetate cards, honestly. They've definitely got the WOW factor, but sometimes it's hard to figure out where to write in them. For this one, I think I'll add a small ivory rectangle (to match the ticket corner-punched one on the card front) to the inside (aligned with the outside panel so it doesn't show). That way there will be an obvious place to write a short message. One of my scrapbook club members suggested putting a large photograph in the inside, which I thought might look really elegant behind the white flourish.

Be sure to check out the Verve blog today ... a new "Project Parade" begins today, and you know what that always means ... a challenge AND prizes! Hope you'll join in the fun!!

Thanks for stopping by,



Stamps: Baroque Motifs (SU!); Spiral Blossoms(Papertrey Ink)
Ink: White Staz-On, Encore Gold Metallic
Paper: Vellum card stock, metallic gold card stock, Very Vanilla (don't look too closely, I goofed and used Whisper White on the thin scalloped mat -- oopsie)
Accessories: gold brads, Three for You punch, Spring Bouquet punch, ticket corner punch, corner rounder, 1/16" punch, gold cord, ivory taffeta ribbon, acetate

34 comments:

Mauna said...

This card is awesome. So elegant!

Doris said...

I love everything about this card: the white dots on the scallops, the gold twine over the ribbon, your choice of stamps, the vellum centers of the flowers, the groove down the side of the cardstock, etc. One question, though: is the acetate only one piece for the front? If so, how did you attach it? Please answer on your comments so we can all learn!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful card, Amy! tfs! I would love to try casing this card. I searched and searched for an idea last night for a wedding card...turned on my computer this morning, visited your site, and voila!

Amy Sheffer said...

Hi Doris, I updated my post with info about the acetate and adhesive. Thanks for your question ... I hadn't given that part any thought when I scheduled this post! You'll have to let me know if my explanation makes any sense :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! I recently got a bunch of card-sturdy acetate and can't wait to use it!!

jjcreations said...

Oh My Goodness....this is absolutely stunningly beautiful. Speechless!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, and you were very clear on how you attached the acetate, what a Terrific idea, I love the look of these cards too but also find it hard to write any kind of sentiment inside

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Amy, and your description about the acetate made perfect sense!!

Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Angel said...

I've been seeing these clear cards, but have to say yours is my fave so far! This is very elegant! Love it, Amy!

Alyssa S said...

Yowza! This card really does have the WOW! factor. Simply beautiful! :o)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is soooo gorgeous Amy!! Gorgeous!!

Karen Giron said...

I love it, Amy! What a fantastic wedding card - might just have to case this one...

Jennifer Meyer said...

GORGEOUS card Amy, LOVE the stunning embossing and the colors are just beautiful.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, Amy! Love the fold over way of attaching the acetate. I'll have to try that!

lalalla said...

Awesome! Elegant! Stunning! what else I can say? WOW! I wish one day i will recieve such wonderful card:)

June Houck said...

WOWZA! I have admired the acetate cards I've seen on blogs, but as usual, yours is by far the most outstanding. I have drawers of acetate, but as you mentioned, I wonder if customers will be reluctant to purchase because they won't know where to write. I like your insert suggestion :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!!!

Mimi Hornberger said...

This is so beautiful! TFS! XO, Mimi

Anonymous said...

I really like this!! Not very practical,like you said, but beautiful none-the-less!!

Denise Marzec said...

BEautiful, Amy, WOW!!

trudelmj said...

Very nice, Amy!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. It is just beautiful. I've had my eye on this stamp set, and this card just pushed me over the edge to get it for sure.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!

Judy Rozema said...

This definitely DOES have the WOW factor!! Beautifully done, Amy!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW, simply GORGEOUS Amy!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is absolutely beautiful!

Sandra Smart said...

Oh Amy, this card is gorgeous!

Doris said...

Thanks for the update--it made perfect sense. You've encouraged me to give it a try soon!

Feenie said...

So pretty!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Simply beautiful! Love the acetate with the white image and the images. TFS!

Toni said...

I'll say WOW! factor! beautiful.
Thank you for explaining how to attach. I am so facinated with the acetate. Great job with the explaination too!!!

Vickie said...

WOW! This is beautiful!!! Fantastic job!!

Shelly said...

Another gorgeous card for me to drool over! LOVE this!!

Claire Spielman said...

Elegant & beautiful..just pinned it!