Saturday, February 16, 2008

Live Your Dream



I wasn't crazy about Splitcoast's color combination challenge this week -- Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, and Kraft. But sometimes the ones I'm not crazy about end up being the most fun.

Here's another attempt at a super lean, clean and simple, design. I inked the little bird from the Live Your Dream set (available March 1 in the upcoming Occasions mini-catalog) in Green Galore, then used a sponge dauber to add a little turquoise. I knew I wouldn't sleep well tonight if I didn't pierce something, so if you look closely, you'll see a hole for each bird's eye ;) The turquoise dp is from the Turquoise Prints collection. Dry embossing is done with the new Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

Stamps: Live Your Dream (available March 1)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Green Galore, Turquoise prints dp
Ink: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: turquoise grosgrain, 3/4" circle punch, swiss dots cuttlebug folder

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is gorgeous! As always, you are such an inspiration. TFS ~chris

Me, My Stamps and I said...

i amy, love what you came up with. the design especially wonderful card !!!!tfs
chat

pescbrico said...

I love it a lot! You did a great job with this challenge! :)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Sweet card Amy, LOVE the pretty design. Have a great weekend, Jennifer :)

Sandra Smart said...

This card is awesome! I just love it!

Tracy said...

that is cute! i like the little cutouts for the birdies (thank goodness you didnt sleep til they had an eye ;-)) I know you're not big on that blue but i love that paper - and the swiss dots :-)

Angel said...

I love this!!!

Kathy W said...

I like how you used the semi-circle punched area to nest the birds. Very nice design, and I think that swiss dot CB embossing folder is going to be a favorite for making great cards. Thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

I love the little birdies in the grooves! Perfect!