Friday, February 15, 2008

2008 Scrapbook Club

I'm kicking off my 2008 Scrapbook Club tonight. Six scrapbookers are coming to crop, place an order, and complete this make-and-take (you can click the picture for a close-up):



I haven't done any scrapbooking since early last Fall ... I forgot how happy it makes me! I'm not so much of an "event" scrapbooker, so I tried to put together something that could, but doesn't have to, be used for Valentine's Day. I'm always a little anxious (okay, a lot!) about the make-and-takes. Coming up with something that suits everyone can be challenging. (I seem to have a learning disability when it comes to the whole "you can't please everyone" advice!)

This spread is quite simple, but I like how it turned out. Probably because I used one of Valerie Salmon's sketches as a starting point (#40) -- love her stuff. If you like sketches, check out her site, Got Sketch. Can you believe the whole page was completed with just one stamp set, SU's new Always set? The "you mean everything to me" quote is microscopic compared to your average page title, but I think it works, don't you?

By the way, I don't know why those four middle black and white photos look so washed out ... they don't look that way IRL.

Stamps: Always
Paper: Rose Red, River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla craft
Accessories: 1/4", 1/2", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop punch, paper piercer and template, scallop scissors (old, old, old Creative Memories), "textile" Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sizes: pages are 12" x 12"; photos are 5" x 7", 4" x 6", 4" square, and 6" x 4"

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great layout, wonderful photos, beautiful children.

Sara said...

Fabulous pages!! I might have to case since I have that set!
TFS!!

Lynn Brown said...

Amy, I don't think you can go wrong with this make-n-take. It is a great layout...so great that I am going to CASE it. Your kids are adorable, by the way. TFS!

Tracy said...

omigosh amy - its gorgeous! i can't wait :-)
i love that stamp set and the layout is totally something i'd love to have in my scrapbook.

Amy said...

What a great page! I have this stamp set (and love it) and use it for cards, but I never would have thought to do a scrapbook page with it. You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and was so exited to see the first entry was a scrapbook layout using my new favorite set!! I too have put my scrapbooking aside due to massive cardmaking that the holidays bring on! This layout is GREAT! I'm looking forward to looking through all your old posts!
Amanda
stitchnaway@carolina.rr.com

pescbrico said...

Your page is really lovely! wow!

June Houck said...

I hope you girls had fun. I know Tracy was really excited when she saw this LO. She LOVED the stamps and how you made the cs look like dp. I love every little detail; The large scallops, small scallops, paper piercing, small circles used as bullets, and the journaling! You got your mojo on, Girl.

Jackie Pedro said...

What a great page! Scrapbooking was my first love until I found stamping and cardmaking! This makes me want to pull out some pics and get busy!!

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Beautiful pages!!! I will hopefully get my set today!!!