Monday, February 25, 2008

FS: Part Two



This was my second upload for the Featured Stamper Challenge (see my first card in the post just below this one). Featured Stamper is the amazingly talented Mary Jo Albright. The challenge is pick a card to CASE, change at least two things, and identify those changes.

This time, I started with this fresh and adorable baby boy card. I kept the original layout and stamp set, but changed these things:

1. new color palette. (I did keep the basic gray, though. I might not have thought to use gray on a baby girl card, but I really liked the depth it adds.)
2. added a few layers
3. changed the star accent to a prima flower
4. took out the scalloped square mat on the main image (but only because I don't have the square nestabilities yet)
5. raised the elephant up on dimensionals
6. changed the three right-hand eyelet/rhinestone brad combos to two brads from the new styled silver hodgepodge hardware kit and topped them with Heidi Swapp pink jewels

This card will go to a stamping friend who had a baby girl earlier this month. I hope she likes it!

Stamps: nursery neccessities
Paper: basic gray, barely banana, whisper white, regal rose, certainly celery
Ink: going gray, barely banana, certainly celery, rose red
Accessories: pink heavenly prima flower (from texasjodylynn's recent prima share), dimensionals, sponge daubers, distressing tool, sewing machine, styled silver hodgepodge hardware kit (coming March 1), heidi swapp pink jewels, corner rounder, 1/16" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch

All supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your yellow, pink and green color combo.

Marilyn said...

OOHH - I love all the layers on this card!! Amazing - and the gray looks fabulous!!

veronica said...

love your layers, colors are great too.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

OMG, amy !!!!!this is spectacular !!!!great stitching and lovely colors !!!
tfs,
chat

Jackie Pedro said...

This is cute, cute, cute!! Love the color combo and I just love the jewels on the HPH!

Carolyn King said...

Another awesome card. This is fantastic. I am just finishing up my card for this challenge---love both of yours!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I think your friend will really like it, too!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers, colors and little extras! So so pretty!

Unknown said...

The colors are great! Love this card!

Unknown said...

these colors just scream "SPRING"....love the stitching, the hardware, and especially the flower treatment! YOU ROCK!