Monday, February 25, 2008
This was my second upload for the Featured Stamper Challenge (see my first card in the post just below this one). Featured Stamper is the amazingly talented Mary Jo Albright. The challenge is pick a card to CASE, change at least two things, and identify those changes.
This time, I started with this fresh and adorable baby boy card. I kept the original layout and stamp set, but changed these things:
1. new color palette. (I did keep the basic gray, though. I might not have thought to use gray on a baby girl card, but I really liked the depth it adds.)
2. added a few layers
3. changed the star accent to a prima flower
4. took out the scalloped square mat on the main image (but only because I don't have the square nestabilities yet)
5. raised the elephant up on dimensionals
6. changed the three right-hand eyelet/rhinestone brad combos to two brads from the new styled silver hodgepodge hardware kit and topped them with Heidi Swapp pink jewels
This card will go to a stamping friend who had a baby girl earlier this month. I hope she likes it!
Stamps: nursery neccessities
Paper: basic gray, barely banana, whisper white, regal rose, certainly celery
Ink: going gray, barely banana, certainly celery, rose red
Accessories: pink heavenly prima flower (from texasjodylynn's recent prima share), dimensionals, sponge daubers, distressing tool, sewing machine, styled silver hodgepodge hardware kit (coming March 1), heidi swapp pink jewels, corner rounder, 1/16" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch
All supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.