Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Birthday Opulence



Oh my, what did you think of Splitcoast's color combo this week? Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, and, wait what's the name of that third color? I have to go look it up, since I NEVER use it! Orchid Opulence!

But, no surprise, the combo grew on me, as these odd ones always do. It was an instant hit with my 4-year-old, however. She literally sucked in air when I showed it to her this morning. Gotta love an audience like that!

I glittered the polka dot background with heat-and-stick powder over VersaMark ink, then dazzling diamonds glitter on top of that.

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Polka Dot background
Paper: Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: heat-and-stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, 1/2" circle punch, wide celery grosgrain, pumkin grosgrain, large oval punch, celery buttons, paper piercer, word window punch, dimensionals, nestabilities (spellbinders), white acrylic paint (making memories)
Supplies by Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise.

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What an awesome card, love your bright colors and the glittery balloons.

Susie said...

What a wonderful, fun card, Amy. I just love your design. I really like the punched out half-circles for the ribbon - I must borrow that idea.

pescbrico said...

It's is so much fun when we show our card and get a : oh mom it's beautiful! :)
Your card is great! Have a great day

Amy said...

You really made those colors look good together! You ARE a stamping genius! Love the glitter!

Maren said...

Fantastic! No surprise it was a hit with your gal! Loving those dazzling polka dots!

marcyh said...

Somebody has good taste..must be the birthday we share :-) This card is fun...love those sparkly dots.

Angel said...

SO cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo & how it really makes this card festive! Nice job!