Friday, February 1, 2008

For the Beauty of the Earth

I'm taking a page out of Shannan's book with my music-related title, but just for today. My music repertoire is much too limited to do that every day (prelude, etude, concerto, repeat, ha ha). However, as I look out on the beautiful ice-covered trees and shrubs, it's this hymn that comes into my head. Take a look:







Makes me want to run turn up the heat. Except for the $1800 (!!!!) propane bill that came yesterday. Ouch. That really put a damper on my plans for a big Stampin' Up order today. Other than the pre-order in December, can you believe I haven't even placed an order from the new catty yet?

Enough blab. I do have stamping for you. I made this card a few days ago, but then the Out on a Limb set from Papertrey arrived and butted this one right outta line. The stamp comes from Garden Silhouettes (retired hostess set). I colored it with markers so I could "shorten" it to fit inside the rectangle nestabilities. You won't be able to see it in the pic, but I colored over the blossoms with a clear Spica pen. I stamped the Linen background in River Rock across the image to add a little texture. Other than that, pretty straightforward.



Off to play a little Wii with my oldest son. We were literally sending him out the door to meet the bus this morning when dh got the alert on his blackberry that schools are closed due to the ice. So glad that came when it did. Can I tell you how many times a neighbor has had to call to tell me schools are closed because they see my kid standing out at the end of the driveway? And then I feel like a complete idiot! Doh!

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Linen
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Enchante dp
Ink: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery
Accessories: brown satin ribbon, rectangle regular and scallop nestabilities (Spellbinders)

Size: 4 1/4" square

14 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

The pictures are gorgeous Amy. LOVE the sweet card and design. Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

mudmaven said...

Amy, your images are so wonderful even if their reality isn't! One of the big problems I have with winter - so beautiful, but so cold (and here in Colorado windy to boot). Love the card! Stay warm! TFS ~chris

jenstamps said...

Those photos are just gorgeous, chilly, but gorgeous! As is your card!!!

Susie said...

All the photos and the card are beautiful. You really could make lovely cards with those photos.

Dawn M said...

beautiful pictures! love the card also.

Marilyn said...

Wow! An $1800 propane bill - that is unbelievable!! Your card today was lovely though - just the perfect touch!! I hope things get warmer in your area soon so you can get an order in for the wonderful new stuff SU has going on!!

Jackie W. said...

This card is so stunning! Simply gorgeous!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow, those pictures are so pretty! I know ice isn't fun but it sure looks nice and those are some fabulous shots you got!

That's a HUGE bill...wowzers!

I haven't ordered anything except the December pre-order either. Thought I'd wait til this month and take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration.

Hope you had a fun day at home!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card
and...i agree...turn up the heat...i got a chill just looking at those photos!

Tracy said...

beautiful pics
and wasn't that a big fat pain them calling school at theeeee last second? (we had a delay as well but when Loudoun cancels its a pain for us when Fairfax doesnt!)
the card is just beautiful miss - i like the bg with the image - just adds the nicest bit of texture - oh and of course the nestabilities!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures and very pretty card! Sorry about your propane bill, though! lol!

My Paper World said...

Stunning card!

Cassie said...

I love ice-coated nature! EEEkkkk - sorry about that propane bill!! I can't even imagine!!! We've been abnormally cold here this winter and I keep cranking up the heat - I hope we don't get a bill like that!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are fabulous!!! Love how you captured the iced up tree.
Great camera you are using....

The card is beautiful too!!!