Thursday, January 3, 2008

Eight for '08



Back in October, I made a Bible verse tag book on the theory that it would be easier to memorize the verses if they were prettied up a bit. (It didn't work .) But here I go again ... hoping I'll actually keep my New Year's resolutions if I have a pretty little package to keep them in :D

The nine cards that go inside are super simple. I have a title page and eight resolution cards.



My resolutions are mostly the usual ... lose weight, get organized, spend more quality time as a family, blah, blah, blah. The funniest is "Be on time," which is cracking me up since I couldn't even get this posted "on time."

There is one, however, that might seem strange at first glance. Number 7 is Stamp less and spend more time on the computer. And no, I didn't get that reversed. I want to be sure to set aside time for leaving lots of comments on other blogs and in SCS galleries. I feel like I've spent so much time making things that I haven't left comments as much as I would like. That's something I hope to change! So you might see a little less of me here on my blog, but a little more of me on yours ;)



And a quick look at the top and the inside:



Supplies:
Stamps: Euphoria Alphabet & Numbers
Ink: Always Artichoke
Paper: Holiday Harmony designer paper (retired); Always Artichoke, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White card stock
Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch, scallop punch, gold cord, rectangle hand-held punch, Spring Bouquet punch, flat white pearls from pretties kit, bandaid tin (Oriental Trading Company)

13 comments:

Tracy said...

such a pretty little tin - lovely color combo - those circles as tabs look adorable.

Julie said...

Very cute. I love the tabs. Also, I have found that the best way to memorize bible verses is to do it to music. I bought my kids a CD with scripture set to music and we played it ALL THE TIME in the car. Now I know 14 verses set to music. The only problem is that once someone mentions one of these verses, the song pops into my head and stays there for the rest of the day. Hmmm.... well I guess I could get stuck with worse stuff in there. LOL

Alhambra Club said...

Love this altered tin and how you set up your resolutions. If you don't get to keep them at least you will have something VERY pretty to look at.

Jennifer Meyer said...

So cute and creative Amy, LOVE all the sayings :)

Jennifer :)

Yosha said...

This is beautiful! My favourite part is the tags. Good luck with all the resolutions!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I finally found your blog. It looks awesome! I don't know where you find the time to do this. I'm floundering around with my own site I've had for 5 years!

I hope I see you at Sue's on Tues.

Toni Ellison

Angel said...

Your resolution about spending mroe time on the computer made me laugh as mine is just the opposite. I spend WAY too much time on the computer. I love this project though. I have been hoarding a few of these tins. I may have to get them out and use them!!
Happy New Year, Amy!

Jackie W. said...

What a cute tin! I love it!

My Paper World said...

Another great idea! and so pretty too!

Lynn Put said...

What a cool tin and idea, you did a great job on this, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just LOVE this! What a great idea! I may be case'ing this down the road!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Adorable project!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your resolution "stamp less and spend more time on the computer." Mine would be the complete opposite. I spend my free time on the computer brousing so much that I don't have any time to stamp. :-)