Tuesday, January 22, 2008
In an effort to find my groove again, I pulled out the no-fail Baroque Motifs set. It's just not possible to create anything less than lovely with this set.
I stamped the swirly part of the background in VersaMark, then clear embossed. The various medallions are stamped in VersaMark, then embossed in black. They are layered with dimensionals. The largest one is hand-cut so that the points could overhang the edges. Also, look closely at the top layer ... is that a flower?! Moratorium -- lifted. (I'm feelin' my groove again just typing that!)
The yummy ribbon once again comes from my local Recollections. And once again, I did not get the manufacturer. Sorry! But isn't it the coolest?!
Now for the bottom part, I did something new to me. I don't have a polka dot background stamp, so I had to improvise to get a similar look. First I marked the dots using the template from the mat pack. Then I used the Crop-A-Dile to dry emboss. Last, I colored over the raised part with a VersaMarker and clear embossed.
One last thing: I edged the outermost black mat on the focal image with silver metallic ink to help it stand out a little against the black card base.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs; "Forever" sentiment from Spiral Bouquet set by Papertrey Ink
Ink: VersaMark, encore silver metallic
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories: clear and black embossing powder, ribbon (manufacturer unknown), corner rounder, dimensionals
All supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.