Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Forever in Love with Baroque Motifs



In an effort to find my groove again, I pulled out the no-fail Baroque Motifs set. It's just not possible to create anything less than lovely with this set.

I stamped the swirly part of the background in VersaMark, then clear embossed. The various medallions are stamped in VersaMark, then embossed in black. They are layered with dimensionals. The largest one is hand-cut so that the points could overhang the edges. Also, look closely at the top layer ... is that a flower?! Moratorium -- lifted. (I'm feelin' my groove again just typing that!)

The yummy ribbon once again comes from my local Recollections. And once again, I did not get the manufacturer. Sorry! But isn't it the coolest?!

Now for the bottom part, I did something new to me. I don't have a polka dot background stamp, so I had to improvise to get a similar look. First I marked the dots using the template from the mat pack. Then I used the Crop-A-Dile to dry emboss. Last, I colored over the raised part with a VersaMarker and clear embossed.

One last thing: I edged the outermost black mat on the focal image with silver metallic ink to help it stand out a little against the black card base.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs; "Forever" sentiment from Spiral Bouquet set by Papertrey Ink
Ink: VersaMark, encore silver metallic
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories: clear and black embossing powder, ribbon (manufacturer unknown), corner rounder, dimensionals
All supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

17 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

LOVE that card! Very classy...thanks for sharing!

Alhambra Club said...

this is such a great card, it looks like leather. I love how you used the crop a dile for the dots.

Susie said...

Pure elegance, Amy. I love what you did with the dry embossed polka dots - very cool.

Melissa said...

WOW! This is awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

This is a stunning card - all I can say is WOW!!!

Tracy said...

its a gorgeous card miss amy! just beautiful

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow Amy, ummm, did I already say Wow?? What an awesome card!

June Houck said...

Exquisite!

AJ said...

great card~ classic colors!! and yes, that ribbon is supah!!

winthrop84 said...

That card is beautiful. How classy is that??? I think if I made that, it would never be sent...just one of those you keep for yourself. TFS!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card Amy, just stunning. Jennifer :)

Lastel said...

Absolutely stunning , love it !

Unknown said...

OMG super-fab amy - just draw dropping - i SO need that stamp set....ahh so much on my list though

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

You've "got it" girl, what a georgous card!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! This card is drop dead GORGEOUS! There isn't one single detail that isn't over-the-top!

Thanks for visitng my blog so I could find you! I'm adding you to Google Reader NOW! I don't want to miss anything here! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this card!! Especially since Baroque Motifs is one of my very favorite stamp sets evah! TFS!