Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome, Little One



Most demos and SU enthusiasts have already placed and received their first order from the new catty. I haven't. It's an acute case of indecision :/ I did, however, sneak in a last-minute order from the preview brochure, so Nursery Necessities now has a home in my craft room.

The gray, blue, and green striped ribbon (from Michael's) dictated my color scheme. It's not what I would have thought of first for a baby card, but I really like it! The layout comes from Julee T's Mojo Monday sketch this week. And do you see that sewing?! I finally pulled out my machine again. It's a regular full-size model, not one of those cute little minis, so it tends to spend most of its time stored away in a closet.

As I was tearing some layers to make the water, I was reminded of Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge this week, which is to tear. Or maybe her challenge was rattling around in my subconscious and that's why I thought of the water? I tore everything a couple of years ago ... when did I stop and why? I like the effect here, as much as I like the idea that babies come over the sea in a little, tiny sailboat :)

Stamps: Nursery Neccessities, Canvas
Ink: Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Going Gray, Basic Black
Paper: Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: sewing machine, ribbon from Michael's, pewter jumbo eyelets, sponge daubers, dimensionals
Note: To get the outline on the sailboat shapes, I first inked the stamp with markers, then ran a black marker at a 45 degree angle along all the edges.

9 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your torn water is absolutely fabulous!!! I have this set, and love it, but have never torn the water, but I just may now!!! LOL!!! Totally love this -- gorgeous card!!! You will LOVE this set as you continue to work with it!!! I'm so glad you played my challenge -- thank you so much!!! And I'm going to link you on my Blogroll, assuming that's OK????

Melissa said...

Awesome Amy!

Many Blessings,
M.

My Paper World said...

So cute! The torn water looks great!

Silke Ledlow said...

This is super cute....the torn water is a great idea!!!

Everything goes so well together!!!

Dawn M said...

I lovethis card. the ribbon is so cool. I need a sewing machine!! This is a great set, I got it too and made some thank yous for someone. I'll post them on my blog soon.

Christa said...

This card is awesome. I love everything about it. TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely fabulous! Those jumbo eyelets have now moved to the top of my wishlist. Your torn paper waves are amazingly clever, and I, too love the idea of babie's sailing in on little sailboats. So precious! Thanks for playing! :)

Arcticstamper said...

I absolutely love this card! I just got this set, and now I can't wait to get it out and make something! Your colors are great, and the design is really balanced. You are awesome as usual!
-Darleia

Anonymous said...

yet another beautiful card! I love the eyelets along the bottom they look like little port holes. tfs :o)