Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gator Love



Here's a fun little non-traditional Valentine card inspired by a placemat I found at Target this year. I like getting these little seasonal placemats for my kids -- inexpensive, easy-to-clean, and a little bit special since they only come out for the given holiday.

I mostly used SCS sketch challenge #160, which was also a recent Jen del Muro "Sketch for You to Try." For the trio of glittered panels, I just smooshed the card stock into a VersaMark pad, sprinkled with heat-and-stick powder, heated, then sprinkled with dazzling diamonds glitter. Instead, you could also emboss the panel with iridescent ice embossing powder for pretty much the same look. One, or maybe both?, of these techniques is called Dazzling Diamond Dust.

Stamps: Wild things
Paper: Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, VersaMark
Accessories: red crystals (Card Candy by A Muse), ticket corner punch, dimensionals, heat-and-stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, heart sticker (Target $1 spot [last year]), silver brad, vinyl flowers (American Crafts)

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fun card...I love the sparkled panels!

Peggy Maier said...

Great card! I'm going to try this with the Stampin' Up! set "Wild about you" - there's a cute alligator in it too.
Thanks for the idea!

Genevieve said...

How funny! I just saw this placemat today in Target. I bought the cupcake one. But when I saw this one, I thought of the exact same thing! Did you see the alligator soap dispenser too? So cute! Love this card!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Great card and design Amy. LOVE the fun colors all that sparkle. Jennifer :)

Sandra Smart said...

So very cute!

Carolyn King said...

Love those glittery panels. Great card! love it!

Tracy said...

oh this is so cute - and i love that heart and the glitter. my favorite part is the color combo - just one of my favorites - red & turquoise... so pretty

Unknown said...

so cute - i was JUST wondering the other day if i could smoosh my cardstock into my versamark and embellish from there - thanks!