Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boo Crew



Today, My Favorite Things is introducing something NEW -- a line of digital stamps! Some of your favorite MFT images are now available in digi format, AND, the best part, there's a brand spankin' new Stephanie Fizer image that's available right now in digital format only. It's called Boo Crew and is it not the cutest image EVER? Oh my gosh, I absolutely adore this!

But wait, there's more. Boo Crew is available as a single image ($3.95) OR as part of the Boo Crew Digi Kit ($5.95). In the kit, you'll also get PDFs of various sentiments, intructions, notecards, and a project idea sheet that you can use to make Boo Buckets. Have you heard of these? Prior to Halloween, the idea is that you fill up a bucket with treats and then anonymously "Boo" a friend, co-worker, or neighbor. Leave it for them while they're out, or, if it works, ring their doorbell and then quickly run away, leaving the bucket behind. In the poem and accompanying instructions, they're encouraged to "spread the Boo" by giving buckets to one or more of their friends or neighbors. So fun!

I did not get a Boo Bucket finished for tonight's post, but some of the other MFT Design Team members have posted the most adorable creations: Christina Fischer, Michele Boyer, Kathy Daume. Hope you'll check them out - too cute!! [Updating to include links to Joanne Basile and Jessie Rone.]

I have to confess I was a digi stamp skeptic. My printer tends not to like card stock for one thing, and for another, I expected the printed image to bleed and run with my different coloring mediums. I was able to easily print the image in three different sizes and colored the heck out of the largest one with no bleeding at all! I'm sold! (FYI, in case you're wondering, I printed on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock on my cheapie HP printer using HP Vivera inks. I colored with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils, blending with Gamsol and stumps.)

[Note: I should probably add that the image comes as a rectangle ... almost a square, but it is slightly taller than it is wide. I added that half-circle notch using a Spellbinders circle die as part of my ribbon treatment.]

Thanks for stopping by!

28 comments:

Marci said...

This is a super, SUPER cute card!! Your coloring is amazing!
Plus, this is a super cute layout to boot!!! Love how you did the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.

Heather P. said...

Whoa... This is incredible!! I wish I had 1/10000th of your coloring skills! :)

Such a fun and totally fabulous card!

Linda Carson said...

What FUN! You brought this scene to life so beautifully!

Chris said...

I just clicked on the photo to enlarge it...sigh...I'm just speechless at how beautifully this cute little scene is colored. Looks like right out of a book. I love it!

Gretchen said...

Such a cute card! I am a digi stamp skeptic too but if you can do it (wink, wink) I guess I can give it a try! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy you amaze me all the fun ways you come up with to use ribbons!! Love this super adorable card girl!! Fabulous!!

Michele Boyer said...

Amy, your coloring is AMAZING! WOW! This is stunning and OH-SOOO cute!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an adorable image, Amy, and your coloring is total perfection!!!!!!

Rene Sharp said...

I am constantly in awe of your talent. This card is perfect!

Jaymerz said...

Amy I am going to have to try that paper. My cheapie HP printer won't take anything heavier than the Wal-mart cardstock and that tends to bleed with my copics. Maybe if I am lucky it will take that paper!! Love your card it is beautiful!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO stinkin' cute Amy! LOVE this new stamp and your coloring just blows me away!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally adorable Amy!!

June Houck said...

You are a master at that gamsol; your coloring is perfect. Tracy likes to use gamsol too...one day you two will have to show me what to buy and how to do it!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous cute! Love the ribbon treatment, you are so clever!

Jenifer H said...

Gorgeous card! The coloring and details are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jodi Collins said...

Amy, you are a MARVEL! This is FLIPPIN' AMAZING in every way! WOW WOW WOW! Off to buy this image PRONTO!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Ok, Amy, I had to pop over to your blog and comment...this is too freakin cute!!! I so love that Bride of Frankenstein hair! I bet your kindergarten projects were awesome too! :)

Heidi Karpen said...

Love, love, love this card! Your coloring is amazing and the details are just perfect!

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, seriously LOVIN' all of this!!....your coloring/shading is fantastic, love how you did the grass, and that ribbon treatment with the punched half circle is brilliant! AWESOME!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Amy, I am sitting here totally drop-jawwed at this card. Holy cow, girl! Your coloring is SO unbelieveable! UNREAL!!! I am just going to continue to stare at this for a while and wish that I had that coloring skill of yours!!!!
YOU are AMAZING!!!!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is adorable! Your colouring is amazing! I love your ground that you created!! I always forget about that part...lol

Conniecrafter said...

cute image and excellent coloring, love the little half circle with the ribbon and button treatment, very cool!

Desire Fourie said...

Amy, this is gorgeous and TFS the info on printing and colouring digi images.
Hugs
Desire

Randee E said...

This is gorgeous Amy!! I'd be interested to know how you use Prisma pencils, gamsol, and Copics together. Maybe a tut if you ever get the chance.

Denise Young said...

Way cute! I love this digi image. TFS You ar eso talented- love your style.

LindaH said...

WOWZER! this card is stunning, and i don't even really make halloween cards! I'm a fence sitter on the entire digi image thing. I have bought a few, but i REALLY like the smell of rubber! LOL!

Marimer said...

Me encanta, el stamp es precioso, con esa escena tan simpática y sobre todo el coloreado, que es magistral, un trabajo perfecto y muy creativo, enhorabuena. Bss

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stinkin' phenomenal!!