Tuesday, September 22, 2009

With Sympathy



Happy Tuesday, friends! I took a short break from stamping over the weekend, and what I worked on yesterday isn't quite ready, so how about I show one of the projects I created from when I was part of the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen? This was for the September 2008 gallery. Our theme was Colors of the Rainbow, and we each took a color to focus on. Mine (obviously) was blue. This sympathy card was one of my favorites from the month.

I love the soft, soothing, muted tones of Soft Sky and Baja Breeze together - perfect for a sympathy card. The layout was based on the September 2008 Dirty Dozen sketch, which was provided by my DD "roomie" Cindy Lawrence. I inked the branch image from Stampin' Up's Kindred Spirits set with Soft Sky, then, to give it a little more depth, I lightly sponged Blue Bayou ink around the edges before stamping. It took a little time to trim out the image, but I love the look, so it was worth it. The dry embossing on the Baja Breeze strip was done with the Argyle Cuttlebug folder, and the embossing on the Basic Gray circle was done with Nestabilities.

It's hard to believe a whole year has passed! Thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamps: Kindred Spirits (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Basic Gray (SU)
Accessories: large oval punch, Baja Breeze Striped Ribbon, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon, scallop border punch, 1/4" circle punch, silver brads, distressing tool (SU!); classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Argyle Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft)

20 comments:

Heather P. said...

Breathtaking! LOL, I'm glad we weren't on the DD at the same time, no one would bother look at my stuff after seeing this! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH is this GORGEOUS! Love the baja-will always be one of my fave colors :)

Marimer said...

Extrañaba tu trabajo. Creo que solo con admirarlo aprendo, pero no creo que pueda hacer algo tan creativo y perfecto, aunque tenga todos los materiales del mundo. Me encanta poder tener tu blog en la pagina principal para ver enseguida tu entrada. Felicidades, bss

Jane Wetzel said...

My gosh Amy..havent been here for awhile and you sure havent been sleepin!! ha ha! Your are at the top of my inspiration list girl! This is awesome as usuall!!

Anonymous said...

Love it Amy!! Hope it's ok to CASE! This could easily be a fave sketch of mine!! =)

Grace said...

Just beautiful and so peaceful Amy!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

This is a beautimous card! Love the colours and the stamped image from Kindred Spirits. Now I know how to use that big sprig!

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Amy. One can see that every detail has been selected with great creative care.
Hugs
Desire

Danielle said...

Wow Amy, this card is stunning! The colours and elements on this work together beautifully! Just gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

America said...

Love this combo of details and color here, Beautifully done GF!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these shades of blue are just gorgeous together, such a lovely soothing card!

Marisa said...

I loved it the first time I saw it and I'm loving it all over again here! Gorgeous card! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog too (((hugs))).

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so gorgeous! I really love the colors you used with the gray. I think sometimes gray can be a little daunting to use. You displayed it beautifully here!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Another stunning creation Amy!! I adore the colors!! And your sketch, textures, shapes, ribbon, each and every detail, are just fantastic!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous then, gorgeous now! I can't believe you cut out that image and sooooooooooo well! I'd have snipped parts off...lol

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. You are very patient to sit and cut out that image - but it looks amazing!

dpkennedy said...

It's really beautiful Amy!

Anonymous said...

Can you advise us how you embossed with the spellbinders without cutting through the paper? I have seen this done but I haven't seen an explanation.

Thanks Amy.


Carol Froehlich

Unknown said...

OMG!!! Amy! Stop showing me up!!LOL
This is one helluva gorgeous card girlfriend! GIMME!!!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Viv xxx

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous colors!! Such a perfect card for the sentiment!!