Monday, September 28, 2009

Tea Sampler



I have many, many coffee lovers in my group of friends, but not so many tea drinkers. To introduce them to the pleasures of brewing full-leaf loose tea, I've put together a tea sampler tin. Inside the rectangular tin are 11 small round tins, each holding just enough loose tea (1 teaspoon) to brew a single cup. The rectangular tins are available from My Favorite Things, and the small round tins, intended for bead storage, are from my stash (I probably got them at Michael's). I'm not sure if these are officially classified as food-grade, so I washed them out really well and I'm hoping they'll be just fine. (If you're interested in making something like this, you might want to try searching for food-grade storage tins.) The tea cups on the top of the tin are from Coffee? Tea? by My Favorite Things. The sentiment is from Tea For Two, also by My Favorite Things.

Here's a look at the round tins that hold the different teas. You can't see it well, but I placed a circle of patterned paper on the inside of each round tin and a coordinating pattern on the inside bottom of the rectangle tin. The names of the teas are on the bottom of the round tins.




Instructions are on the back side of the lid:





And of course, there's a matching card, using the main image from Coffee? Tea? and another sentiment from Tea for Two. I used Jen's SFYTT from this past Saturday for the layout.




And last, the pair:



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Tin:
Stamps: Coffee? Tea? and Tea For Two (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Stampin' Up Blue Bayou, K&Co Amy Butler dp
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: BossKut tag die, paper piercer, May Arts burlap string, SU small oval punch, clear plastic baubles (from floral dept of Michael's a year or two ago), round jewelry tins, rectangle tin, SU Always Artichoke ribbon

Card:
Stamps: Coffee? Tea? and Tea For Two (My Favorite Things)
Paper: MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Papertrey Vintage Cream, Stampin' Up Blue Bayou, K&Co Amy Butler dp
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Stampin' Up Soft Sky, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Copic markers, Imaginisce I-Top brad maker, Martha Stewart hydrangea punches, yellow flower from floral dept at Michael's, sewing machine, EK Success fleur-de-lis border punch

23 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a fabulous gift set! I love that K&Co paper (I have some too!)

Danielle said...

This is awesome Amy - I'm a huge tea drinker and I love this tea-sampler gift tin. Fabulous card too - wonderful work!
Hugs, Danielle

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulous and creative gift Amy!! And gorgeous too!! Your card is just charming and so beautifully colored!! WOW!

Melody said...

What a wonderful set Amy! I love the set and your card is amazing!

Desire Fourie said...

Amy this is just gorgeous and such a great idea for a gift. Love the little hanging cups on the front of the tin.
Hugs
Desire

zcdl said...

Fabulous set Amy!!!

Marimer said...

Es que siempre me quedo con la boca abierta, que maravilla de trabajos, tu creatividad no tiene lĂ­mites, me encantas como trabajas.
Felicidades.Bss

Angela S said...

This is the perfect gift set for tea lovers.. I am a coffee lover, but I have a lot of friends who love different flavors of tea. So this would be a great gift for the tea lovers.. Love the colors you chose so tranquil and calming and as always so beautiful colored..

June Houck said...

I'm a tea girl :) I love this idea! This is a wonderful present, and perfectly decorated.

Barbara said...

OH, my! What a fantastic idea and what lovely presentation! Just perfect, Amy!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! This is an amazing gift set you have created! Wow!

Judy Rozema said...

Isn't this FABULOUS???!!!! I love it! And I really like the baubles around the edge!! I have soooooooo many dew drops I never use - what a perfect way to use them up!!

Love your card too -- just awesome!

WickedPixie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! And if I were to receive a gift like this it would probably be my favorite!! :-)Traci

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is amazing!!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, what a beautiful and thoughful gift! Love this!

Anonymous said...

Just stummbled along your blog and wanted to say what a wonderful time I have had reading and looking at your blog! this card and gift is one of the best things I have seen in a long time! truely inspiring! :)

Susan said...

This is absolutely lovely! You are so thoughtful. Thanks so much for sharing this.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

Leslie Rodriguez said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I'm a big tea drinker and I brew loose tea too, there are some ladies at work that drink tea too. Thank you for the great idea!!

Cynthia said...

What a great ensemble! Genius idea for the tin! Now I have some ideas for what to do with min! Love the clear baubles around the top! Cute, cute, cute!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How cute!!

Sharly said...

what a gorgeous gift idea... I was just wondering about the pattered paper die cuts on the top of your tea sampler. Are they a spellbinder? Die cut?? I love love that shape... thanks in advance

ox
Sharly

Kristin Moore said...

Well I am a tea drinker and I think this would be a fabulous gift! I have a favorite morning tea, bedtime tea and yet another for iced tea... but have never used loose leaf tea. Anyway, lovely idea!

Anonymous said...

You're just amazing, do you know that??? Your projects are adorable and make me smile, your style is delightful, your cards are spot-on!!