Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wreath of Joy



One of my favorite parts of the holidays is the fresh greenery, especially those beautiful wreaths all filled with boxwood, holly, berries, and fresh fruits, so when I received this gorgeous holiday Wreath Rubber Stamp by Inkadinkado, I couldn't wait to ink it up. The artwork is incredibly detailed, and since all the shadowing is drawn in as part of the illustration, it's super easy to color. The best part? No need to refresh and replace the greens and fruits, and no dead needles to sweep up!

I used Prismacolors on the wreath and Copics on the bow (I liked the reds of my Copics better) then popped up the center of the bow for dimension. The patterned papers are all from Basic Grey's Wassail pack and the card stock is Prismatics. The sentiment is done with the Times New Roman font from JustRite Stamps. I used the 60-point letters that come in the 1 3/16" Damask Centers and Bonus Font collection (the 50-point letters of any of the Font Sets would also work well). The sentiment is die-cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags, the image is cut with the Spellbinders Labels Three Nestabilities, and the decorative red border along the bottom was done with the Fancy Scallop Piercabilities (love my Spellbinders!). The white decorative border that peeks up from that striped pattern is the Fiskars Lace Border punch. It's hard to see in the picture, but the ribbon that's threaded through the sentiment tag is this amazing, rich, burgundy velvet ribbon - so luscious!

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Wreath Rubber Stamp (Inkadinkado), 1 3/16 Damask Centers and Bonus Font (JustRite)
Paper: Basic Grey Wassail, Prismatics Blush Red Dark and Herbal Garden Medium, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Copic markers, Spellbinders Labels Three Nestabilties, Fancy Scalloped Piercabilities, and Fancy Tags, Fiskars Lace border punch, Sakura Quickie glue pen, Art Institute ultrafine crystal glitter, burgundy woven velvet 3/8" ribbon, foam adhesive, sewing machine
Size: 5 1/2" square

23 comments:

Gretchen said...

Absolutely Beautiful! That wreath is stunning and I love the popped up bow!

Niki Estes said...

This is just beautiful, Amy!

Gabriela said...

Amy your card exudes such elegance. I just can't get over it's stunning beauty. You're quite the master.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!

Debbie said...

Amy, you've really outdone yourself on this one. It is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog - your designs are "drop dead" gorgeous!! Can't wait to get to work on Christmas card. This wreath is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

What a beauty this is! The stamp itself is gorgeous, but you brought it to life with your coloring and dimension. Excellent design and beautiful details!

Connie Collins said...

Stunning card! Absolutely beautiful! TSF!

Danni said...

This is stunning! Wow!

angela S. said...

Amy, I have been following your blog for a long time. I have just started my own blog and wanted to tell you how much I enjoy checking your blog out everyday. Your cards are absolutely stunning with so much layering and detail.. your talent amazes me..

jhet said...

SO lovely, Amy!! Wonderful colouring. TFS!\

/jhet

Marimer said...

Es maravilloso este stamp además de un gran trabajo porque con tantas costuras y piezas se complica, sin embargo te ha quedado perfecto.
El coloreado del satmp siemplemente Genial!!. Cada uno de tus card es una lección, felicidades.
Buen fin de semana. Bss

June Houck said...

Perfect! I needed an Amy fix; your cards are so perfectly designed and I love to see where you add border punches, stitch, and the papers you choose :)

Unknown said...

I'm going to cry now. Pack my bags and leave town! Hee Hee. Yer think I'm joking don'tcha! LOL OK, I am, but seeing as I can't be you when I grow up, I may as well. ;0)
Hugs Viv xxx

Angella D. Crockett said...

Be still, my heart!!! This is totally gorgeous!!! :)

Danisha said...

What a beautiful card! I was looking at that stamp, now I wish I would have gotten it!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Beautiful details, I especially like that fancy tag!! I don't believe I have seen that anywhere before. Must get that ;) LOL!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - this is a work of art - gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

so gorgeous, great coloring and love the hints of sparkle hear and there, great dimension in the bow, such pretty papers, Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! The papers, of course, are spot on, the sewing is wonderful, the way you colored the image is gorgeous; I know what you mean about the Copic reds - they look great on that bow!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh, Amy, what a beauty! I totally love this card !!!!

Melanie said...

This is absolutely stunning! So very elegant.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Oh. How. Stunning. Beautiful job Amy!
--Hugs Becca