Saturday, September 12, 2009

You're So Fabulous



Thanks, my blog friends, for the birthday wishes yesterday! I tried to slip that one right on by you without saying anything - didn't work ;) One of the best things about my birthday is getting to share it with my fabulous twin sister, Jennifer. Today's card is for her, and I'm going to try to actually mail it for once.

The floral images are from Verve's Budding Blossoms set, and the fabulous sentiment is from Bountiful Backgrounds. I used Jen's fabulous Sketch For You To Try for this week. Check out the sketch, Jen's sample and guest designer Gretchen Belknap's sample at i{heart}2stamp. Then visit Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, and Susan Liles for lots more loveliness. To play along, link up your creation to i{heart}2stamp and remember to use keyword SFYTT on SCS.

I stamped the flowers in Chocolate Chip craft ink and clear embossed. The pink flowers are colored with Copic markers. I then clear embossed over them using a VersaMarker and clear EP so that I could sponge on the blue sky and green grass without getting color on the flowers. (I could have masked but the EP was already out, so I did it that way.) The papers are all from a small pack of Daisy D's autumn papers that I found on clearance at a stamp show.

Verve fans, mark your calendars: Next Friday (the 18th) is Verve's next release. Challenges, peeks, and release week fun will start on Monday!

Have a fabulous weekend!



Stamps: Budding Blossoms and Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate card stock, Daisy D's dp
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip craft ink, Soft Sky and Kiwi Kiss classic ink
Accessories: Spellbinders dies (squares, circle, and tag), EK Success Fleur-de-Lis border punch, clear embossing powder, paper piercer, PTI ribbon and button, May Arts pink burlap string
Size: 5 1/2" square

16 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Amy, this is so warm and rich looking!!! Wonderful colors and I love the patterns and detailing!!! Terrific card!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so beautiful, Amy! I'm sure your sister will love it!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Happy birthday to you and your sister Amy! Her card is gorgeous!

Your creations always make me smile and give me so much inspiration!! Thanks!!

Have a blessed weekend!! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Happy birthday to you and your sister, have a great weekend, Jo x

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Glad you had a great day!!!

Jami said...

Amy! Happy belated birthday! Never knew you had a twin - how cool!! Absolutely love your card - Gorgeous colors!! Your work always amazes me!! Hugs, Jami

Maren said...

So stunningly gorgeous! Love the colors and details. You never cease to amaze me!! :)

Muckyfingers said...

In awe of your beautiful cards. Hope you had a lovely birthday weekend xx

Christi Flores said...

I love the colors on this card! Absolutely stunning!! Happy belated birthday to you and your sis! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

I hope you and your sister both had a fabulous birthday!! This is gorgeous!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!!! I hope it was fabulous!! Your card for your sister is gorgeous!! She is going to love it.

I don't know how I missed the card on the previous post but Wow girl it it amazing. You are d bomb girl!! Love all the white with the poinsettia.

hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Amy this is beautiful! Your sister will love it (if you DO mail it! hehehe)... love every detail! I hope you had a happy birthday!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card for your sister - Amy!!! Don't forget to mail it - LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

hmscrap said...

I just discovered your blog and wanted to tell you how beautiful your work is. I will be back frequently to get inspiration!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just a breathtaking card, Amy! Incredibly inspiring! :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

I am seriously late! This is so cute! I love the colors! I always love to see what you come up with!