Friday, September 25, 2009

Indian Summer Cross



Some new goodies arrived in my mailbox yesterday afternoon and everything else has taken a temporary back seat! This Kilkenny Cross image is by Holly Berry House and the patterned paper is from Basic Grey's new Indian Summer 6x6 pad. I love how intricate this image is, yet it's still so easy to work with. Stamper's Dream carries a wonderful selection of Holly Berry House images done in this same style: three different crosses, bells, a butterfly, treasure boxes, a snowflake, and a poinsettia. All I had to do for this look was stamp the cross in VersaMark ink three times onto two different Indian Summer patterns, heat emboss with glittery gold powder, trim down the three different layers, then assemble them back together with foam adhesive. Easy!

I embellished the cross with some white Kaiser Craft pearls that I custom colored using a R14 Copic marker. I layered the cross onto two different sizes of the Curved Rectangle Mega Nestabilities and accented with some Rose 1 1/2" silk ribbon tied with gold cord. I ran a VersaMarker along the edges of most of the panels, then dipped into the gold EP and heat embossed.

Finished size: 4 1/4" x 6"

Thanks for visiting!

28 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wowza Amy! This is gorgeous and thanks for the link! I love how you cut all the different layers apart and embellished them!

Unknown said...

Thud! Any, this is THE MOST GORGEOUS thing EVER! I was so anxious to see what you were going to do with that cross, and I promise you it's more awesome than I could have imagined! Kudos to you, my friend!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Amy - this is AMAZING!!! I love what you have done with this stamp!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Your Cross card is just beautiful. It is so striking and I would be thrilled to get a card like this.
It's done so artistically and so tastefully...just a fantastic card.
What more can I say. I love it..
thank you for sharing all your information on how you did it..

At my age I can use all the help I can get..

pat

Angela S. said...

Amy,OMG this is soooo beautiful.. Your talent always amazes me. The next card it always more beautiful than the one before..

Marimer said...

Fantástico, es un trabajo increible, no tengo palabras para decir lo que veo, de una perfección y un gusto exquisito, enhorabuena.
Bss

Danni said...

Wow!! Truly stunning! Wow!

Jackie Pedro said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GASPING over here-oh my! This is STUNNING Amy-it look like a beautiful museum piece to me-I can't get over how perfect this look! GORGEOUS!

Heather P. said...

WOW! Totally amazing!!!

Unknown said...

How DO you do it!!! My jaw has hit the floor so hard, it HURTS!!!
You just AMAZE me Amy!!!
Viv xxx

Robbie said...

Amy, this card is breathtaking!!! What can I say? WOW!! You did a fantastic job with your color choices as it made it so sophisticated looking!! Love it!!

Tammy E. said...

I was going to comment that this card is stunning, but I'm not quite sure if that does it justice. Amazing!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is over-the-top gorgeous!!! Now I HAVE to break our my HB stamps! Thanks for the inspiration once again!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just stunning, awesome layering that paper is so cool for it and love all the gold embossing and the way you did the ribbon treatment too!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

WOW!! The way you layered this cross is just STUNNING Amy!! What a beauty!!

Jan Castle said...

Absolutely beautiful medallion card! Everything about the card is stunning!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Jan Castle

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Amy! that is one impressive card. I love it.
Hugs Marion

Chriss Blagrave said...

Holy cow!!! This is gorgeous!

Beth Norman said...

How did I miss this one. Must have missed reading my subscriptions. Another rock'n card!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Seriously, girl...WOWWWW!

Barbara said...

Stunning, just stunning.

Judy Rozema said...

Gasping for air...........

dpkennedy said...

This is stunning!!! Wow!

Lori Craig said...

gorgeous...

Linda E said...

This card is absolutely stunning! What an amazing job!!!

Sally said...

Totally stunning. I love those croses.

Anonymous said...

My goodness Amy, this is stunning and unique! I love the colors!!
--Hugs Becca