Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Creepy Crawlies



I had the opportunity to do some experimenting with Diamond Glaze for a "How'd They Do That" tutorial I posted yesterday over in the My Favorite Things Forum on Splitcoast. The glittery spider web on this card was my favorite project! Check out the whole tutorial HERE.

The sentiment and spider are from the new Ghoulish Label Set by My Favorite Things. I adore this set - such a fun, unique mix of Halloween-themed images! The papers are all from the Twilight collection by Memory Box. The skinny ribbon is from the Spooktacular Ribbon Collection by My Favorite Things (out of stock at the moment, it looks like) and the black Swarovski crystals are from the Spooktacular Adornments collection, also from MFT. It's hard to see, but I created a frame using the Labels 4 Nestabilities and popped it up from the card base so that the web appears to be floating (it's actually on acetate). Here are a couple of shots that show that a little bit better.





I'm not normally much of a "technique" stamper, so this was really fun!

My older two kids started school yesterday, one in third grade and one in kindergarten. I'm so proud of myself for surviving my daughter's first wardrobe crisis (it seemed a bit cool out for the first day outfit we'd picked out) and for not breaking down in tears as the afternoon kindergarten bus drove away. It was hard, though! Now tonight, I'll take my youngest to preschool orientation - yikes! I feel like they're ALL flying the coop! Actually, my little Gabe-Gabe won't start school until November, when he hits that magic 2 1/2 mark. But he'll get a chance to meet his teachers tonight. And I'll get a chance to see if he's even remotely ready for school (I'm thinking not)!

Happy Wednesday, friends!

18 comments:

Paula Barin said...

Cool technique. Love the DP.

Lori Craig said...

This is beautiful. Love your window. :)

Rachel Hope said...

Oh Gosh!!!! This is Amazing! Love it!!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! NICE!

Regina Easter said...

gosh i love this....

Joseline said...

Wow! This is pretty cool. I love it!

Melody said...

Love your so creative card Amy! Thanks for the great tutorials!

dpkennedy said...

Wowzers this is cool! Love that web...and that paper is perfect!

When my big guy is in 3rd grade his little brother will be starting kindergarten too...but I won't have another-all done! A third one would have done me in for sure! LOL! We got a puppy instead...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Amy!! I love the recessed window!! Cute Halloween creation!! That web and your spider is amazing!!

COngrats on not crying. I have not had to face putting my youngest on the school bus since I homeschool. Nicki only went to kindergarten and the rest of the time I have home schooled. I feel for you. Enjoy those kids!!

hugs,
Chris

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh Amy!!! This is STUNNING!!! What a fabulous technique! I have to say - only you could make a Halloween card look this classy!!! :)

Sounds like our kids are much the same age - good luck with the beginnings of your school year!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I love that web!!! I'll have to give that a try :)
--Hugs Becca

Beth Norman said...

Only you can make an elegant Halloween card--LOL. You rock Amy!

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

Oh My Goodness Amy!

What an outsatanding card!

I'll tell you one thing... If you could bottle talent, I'd bottle yours!

I love it more everytime I look at it!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! Creepy and crawlie is right! BUT I do love the web floating like that! GREAT idea!!
Glad you and the kids made out okay on the first day of school!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh my goodness - how super cool is this!!! Sooo spook-tacular!!! You rock - Amy!!! Hugs ~S~

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous Amy,what a cool technique!! Love it!!

Elaine said...

Very creative! I like how you made the spider web; very cool!

Maren said...

So fun! I love that web!!!