Saturday, October 3, 2009

Caroling Hedgie



Isn't it funny how our tastes change over time? When I first started blogging two years ago, I didn't do "cute" - now I can't get enough of it! This adorable little hedgehog is from the The Wonder clear stamp set by Penny Black. I colored the image with Copics, then sponged on the blue sky. The sheet music and lantern are popped up for dimension, and the white liquid applique on the hat and the clear glitter on the ground add a little texture. I embellished with some sheer teal ribbon by My Arts and some white snowflakes punched with a Martha Stewart punch and coated with Frosted Lace Stickles. The patterned papers are from the Colorful Christmas collection by My Mind's Eye.

The layout is Jen's Sketch For You To Try for this week. Visit Jen at i{heart}2stamp, where you'll see the sketch, her sample, and the guest designer's sketch. Since it's the first Saturday, Jen is introducing a new guest who will be playing with us all of October. I'm not going to tell you who (you'll have to get the scoop from Jen), but I'm sooo excited! Another piece of super exciting news is the addition of a new permanent teammate, Leigh O'Brien - welcome, Leigh! The regular SFYTT crew awaits with more samples: Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, and Susan Liles. We love to see your interpretations of the sketches each week. Upload your link to Jen's post and remember to use keyword SFYTT if you upload to SCS or PCP.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy World Cardmaking Day!




Stamps: The Wonder (Penny Black)
Paper: Colorful Christmas dp by My Mind's Eye, Neenah white, SU Rose Red, Prismatics light nautical blue
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Bashful Blue, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Spellbinders circle dies, EK Success border punch, May Arts ribbon, MS snowflake punch, foam adhesive, sewing machine, white liquid applique, clear glitter, Frosted Lace Stickles, Copic markers

35 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, this could NOT be ANY cuter!! Love the popped up sheet music, the glitter on the grond, and the way to did the sentiment is too cool....gotta try that!

Amy Rohl said...

So darn cute, Amy! Love the sentiment banner folded and popped, and your coloring and extras are just perfect!

Tricia T said...

Amy, this card is fantastic! It stopped me in my tracks. I love how you popped up parts of him, and your banner is adorable (I may need to "borrow" that!) and your coloring is fantastic, as always!!

TFS!!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!! This is so beautifully adorable, Amy!!! Wonderful detailing and coloring!!! Gorgeously cute card!!!

Unknown said...

Yep...I didn't like cute several years ago either! So I know exactly what you mean. And you do cute SO WELL! This is simply adorable!!!

Renée said...

Amy! This is a wonderful card! Love love love the colours, the stitching, and the image :)

Randee E said...

Adorable as always! Love all of the dimension.

Kelly Lunceford said...

I knew I would be in for a treat with your card for this week! I love the image and all of the sweet details! AMazing!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Amy, what a sweet card - just love it! I just wanted to wish you a happy WCMD as yours was one of the first blogs that I came across when I started blogging earlier this year. Thanks for sharing your creativity and wonderful talent. Your work is so inspirational and you are trult talented! Jo x

Marley said...

Lovely card! Great design paper and such a sweet image.. xxMarley

Marimer said...

Es precioso este trabajo, el erizo tiene tanta dimension con los colores y la partitura realzada que parece estar vivo, todos los detalles son increibles, haré algo parecido para la familia. Bss.

Anonymous said...

Amy this is darling!! I just love all the detail you put into the card! What fun!
--Hugs Becca

Tammi said...

I'm sure glad you do cute now because this is cute as can be! Love the bits of glitter and the dimension, and of course the darling image, amazing card!

Barbara said...

He is a cutie! Your wonderful elegant style shines through on "cute" too!

Barb

ChristineCreations said...

You are a girl who can do elegant and adorable beautifully. A precious card Amy!

Lesley said...

This is such a precious card! I want that snowflake punch!!! It is on my list! Love the colours...

Smiles,
Lesley :)

pescbrico said...

Your cards are always the cuttest!! :) (if that is a word!)
Have a wonderful day :)

Linda said...

Oh he is adorable Amy....love the elements and colours you've chosen for this card. Perfect!

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Amy! TOOOOOO cute!!! :)

Mary J said...

Hello Amy - I didn't think you could get any better, but you just did! This guy is such a cutie!

Joseline said...

This is so darn cute! I love all the detail you put into it. Your works is fab!!

Lenoria said...

I love this card, it is so very cute!

Michele Boyer said...

Amy, this is beyond adorable! I just LOVE the snowflakes and little popped up parts!

Unknown said...

EEEK!!! CA-UTE!!!

Deborah Young said...

Oh Amy, he is precious! I can relate....I have just myself started adding in some 'cute'! We have a cute little felt hedgehog now that I am flipping over! Who would have thought???

CFLanger said...

Oh I haven't seen this little guy yet! He's so cute! I love your coloring and embellishments!

Cynde said...

What an adorable card!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Im loving your cute cards Amy!!

Kathy Jones said...

STUNNING!!! Darn - I saw this paper today - knew I should have bought it!! Love what you did with it and all that gorgeous stitching! The sparkly snowflakes are wonderful and your colouring is spectacular!! Love all the sparkle and shimmer - looks awesome!!

Judy Rozema said...

Totally cute!! You can do both styles so well -- you know you and Tosh are my stamping inspiration!

Millie said...

Precious little fella!!

Anonymous said...

You just never cease to amaze me!! This is simply an amazingly beautiful card!! The papers are perfect, the stitching is great, the image is AWEsome...wow!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Not only is this the cutest, it's beautiful too!! Love the papers! And your little sentiment banner is adorable!!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Aaah bless it, it's too precious!

dpkennedy said...

Oh my-this is so stinkin' cute! The popped up elements and coloring is fantastic!!